Job Summary/Basic Function
Millersville University is recruiting for Patrol Officers with a
focus on contributing towards the quality of University Life by
protecting persons and property on Millersville University campus.
All patrol officers actively engage in a partnership based upon
mutual respect with the campus community. Patrol officers are
friendly, welcoming and caring to students, employees, and
visitors. Patrols campus on foot, bicycle, or by motor vehicle.
Enforces crime and vehicle codes and University rules and
regulations. Works with local police as needed. Apprehend and
arrest violators as needed. Makes reports in writing and computer.
Testifies at legal proceedings as necessary. Maintain firearm
safety. Successfully qualifies with department issued firearms
bi-annually including night fire. Maintain physical conditioning to
be able to handle the physical requirements of position to include
running, bicycling, lifting, and detaining individuals in
disturbances, etc. Officers will never betray their integrity,
character, or the public trust. Officers treat all individuals with
dignity and respect and ensure their actions are dedicated to
ensuring the safety of my community and the preservation of human
life. Officers will always have the courage to hold themselves and
others accountable for our actions. Officers will maintain the
highest ethical standards and uphold the values of the University
and police department they serve.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
is one of the 14 public universities of Pennsylvania’s State System
of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include
exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, unique
programs, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful
job placement for our students. Students’ success, both inside and
outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide
numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and
social growth and development. At the University level, 70
baccalaureate programs are available for 6,250 undergraduate
students. We have over 950 graduate students enrolled in 21
master’s and three doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly
respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students
in the classroom, in research labs, and in campus life.
Additionally, over 66,000 Millersville University alumni live in
all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world.
Compensation and Benefits:
$47,799.00 plus comprehensive benefits
starting on the first day of employment, including:
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium, with coverage
starting on the first day of employment for employee and all
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents with coverage starting on the first day of
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents with coverage starting on the first day of
- Group life insurance – equal to annual salary (up to
$40,000) at no cost to the employee
- Voluntary Group Life and Accident Insurance – available
for purchase at low rates for additional employee coverage as well
as coverage for spouse and children
- Long Term Disability Insurance – available for purchase
at low rates with either a 90 or 180-day waiting period
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from
- Tuition waiver – for employee, spouse, and dependents,
after 1 year of service
- Personal leave – up to 5 days per year
- Vacation leave – up to 7 days accrued for first 3 years,
increases to 15 days per year after year 3
- Sick leave – up to 13 days accrued per year
- Holiday leave – 12 days per calendar year
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
- Act 120 completion by the date of hire.
- Work experience enforcing procedures regulated by federal,
state, or local governments.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication
- Basic PC skills.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Experience working with diverse groups at athletic, social, and
- Ability to work with students of diverse cultures, racial and
- Demonstrated strong analytical and excellent problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and in coordination with
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Successfully obtain CPR /First Aid/ AED certification within
the first 90 days of employment.
- Successfully pass firearm qualification within the first 90
days of employment.
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
- Successful Pre-employment physical, psychological, and
- Untarnished work history.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Prior experience working with college-age population.
- Prior experience in public safety, community engagement and
- Knowledge of community policing fundamentals.