Processes entry level accounting duties including examination,
analysis, maintenance, reconciliation and verification of student
account finances, other financial records, and performs related
work as required. Learns to apply the principles of accounting
within an assigned area of accounting or group of funds by
performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Learns to initiate and process journal entries into various
2. Assist with reconciliation of Federal, State, and Private
3. Provides customer service and support to internal departments
related to various accounting inquiries.
4. Assist with reconciliation of various Athletic accounts in
relation with the audit.
5. Reconcile Cost of Goods Sold from bookstore.
6. Maintain Prepaid Insurance Schedule.
7. Monthly and year-end reconciliation for various General Ledger
8. Participates in cross-training activities to assure office work
9. Assists with the preparation of annual and interim audit for all
10. Assist in special projects as directed by the Director and/or
Associate Director of Accounting.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving
direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete work
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
§ Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
§ Knowledge of university and/or public auditing policies,
standards, and procedures.
§ Knowledge of general accounting principles.
§ Knowledge of standard budgeting, and expenditure control
procedures and documentation.
§ Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control
§ Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
§ Strong investigative and problem resolution skills.
§ Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
§ A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures and practices.
§ Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
§ Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
§ Ability to use independent judgment, and to maintain, and impart
§ Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student
§ Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
§ Ability to maintain confidentiality.
§ Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
§ Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; one to two
years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Other Document
- Other Document 2