The Office of Admissions is welcoming applications for the
Assistant Director of Admissions for Recruitment and Communications
Strategies position, under the supervision of the Associate
Director of Recruitment and Communications Strategies will play a
collaborative role in achieving domestic and international
undergraduate enrollment goals.
Primarily, you will assist with the implementation of core
marketing and communications objectives in order to attract a
high-caliber, diverse student body and enhance the overall image of
UB as a regional, national and international leader in higher
education. You will support a user experiences by assisting with
creating clear, meaningful marketing campaigns and materials that
enable our audiences to learn more about us and engage as
prospective students, families and other college influencers.
You will also serve as an admissions specialist, interpreting
university admissions requirements, academic policies and student
services procedures for students, families, and academic and
Your responsibilities will include:
Outstanding Benefits Package
- Assist with developing and implementing the domestic and
international undergraduate admissions marketing and communications
plans, which include both print and digital components in
collaboration with Interdivisional Marketing and
- Assist with developing the written content for emails, print
materials, social media, website and digital campaigns
- Help manage relationships with external vendors.
- Assist with the admissions web presence ensuring that it
remains dynamic and current.
- Assist with coordinating special services with campus mail or
outside fulfillment companies.
- Provide support in executing the coordinated efforts focused on
diversity recruitment campaigns/activities to include racial,
ethnic, gender and identity-based groups.
- Building and cultivating key relationships and partnerships
with constituents such as secondary school communities,
community-based organizations, alumni and professional
- Supporting all phases of admission application processing. File
review activities include monitoring files for completeness, data
entry and fielding questions from applicants. Review and make
admissions decisions regarding freshman and transfer
- Participate in the recruitment of prospective students within
assigned territories and identified regions including virtual, on
campus, off campus and international events/visits, which may
include evenings, weekends and overnight travel.
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There
are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement
plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy
mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to
support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to
learn about our
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public
research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies
ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to
achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures
challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed.
Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further
knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who
are valued for their talents and their impact on global society.
Visit our website
to learn more
about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply
including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications
- Experience in college admissions, teaching, college counseling,
community based organization setting.
- Experience in marketing and communications role with a focus on
print and digital strategies.
- Experience in editorial planning, content creation and
- Experience in digital literacy and experience with content
- Experience with customer relationship management tools.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a
full time basis.
- A valid U.S. Driver’s License or the ability to demonstrate the
capacity to meet the transportation needs for this position.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience working with domestic and international
- Experience with cross-cultural, multi-cultural and/or
- Written and verbal fluency in a second language, bilingual
(Spanish or Mandarin).
- Experience with creative design tools and platforms.
- Experience in marketing and digital analytics.
- Experience in college admission, high school counseling or
community-based organization setting.
- Familiarity with Associated Press style. Ability to adapt tone
and style of content for different mediums and target audiences,
while working within the framework of an established brand.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.