The University of Maryland
School of Dentistry is seeking an Instructional
Instructional Technology Specialist
to help further
our mission of being a leader in dental education. This
position supports the faculty, staff and students with our online
education program as well as with providing support for
UMB offers a comprehensive
and competitive benefits package to eligible employees. This
position receives an annual leave package starting with 22 accrued
vacation days, 14 floating and observed holidays, 15 sick days, and
3 personal days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement
options; professional learning and development opportunities;
flexible schedules and teleworking options; and tuition remission
for employees and their dependents at any of the University System
of Maryland schools.
all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed
through Human Resources.
is eligible for 20% Telework.
- Assists faculty and students in the use of technology in
learning applications and equipment using a wide variety of
available technologies, such as: digital images/audio, PowerPoint
and other PC presentation software, enterprise learning
applications, and distance learning (DL) technologies such as
satellite television, and IP audio and video over the internet
- Provides daily support and advice to faculty, staff and
students in effectively using instructional technology applications
- Conducts formal presentations in the use of specific technology
- Monitors use and secures audio/visual, multimedia, video
production, and IT equipment as appropriate.
- Assist with the department’s or school’s presence on the web in
design and integration of special learning features.
- May collaborate on training plans and blended learning
implementation strategies and in the design and customization of
curriculum and provide consultation on course media use.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Develops instructional materials using a variety of available
technologies, such as: digital images/audio, PowerPoint and other
presentation software, enterprise learning applications, and
distance learning (DL) technologies, such as: satellite television
and IP audio and video over the internet. Supports staff in
instructional design projects. Provides direction to faculty,
staff, and students in the use of learning applications.
- Develops online, web based, interactive in nature learning
- Designs and conducts formal presentations in the use of
- Provides guidance and direction in the use of audio/visual,
multimedia, video production, and IT equipment as appropriate.
- Collaborates with departmental staff in the design and
customization of curriculum and assists in the development of
training plans and blended learning implementation strategies.
- Develops multi-media materials and eLearning application for
- Plans the acquisition and implementation of new instructional
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in field and/or
related field, such as Graphic or Instructional Design. Master's
degree preferred. Experience:
Specialist position requires two (2) years related experience which
includes proficiency with audio/visual, multimedia, video
production, or IT resources. Senior Specialist position
requires three (3) years related experience which includes
proficiency with audio/visual, multimedia, video production, or IT
may be substituted for education. Knowledge, Skills,
- Knowledge of instructional technology platforms and their
- Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and
laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written
thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with
others and independently.
- Ability to demonstrate, understand, apply, and adhere to the
UMB Core Values of Accountability, Civility, Collaboration,
Diversity, Excellence, Leadership, and Knowledge.
- Accomplishes responsibilities by applying specialized and
theoretical instructional technology knowledge, principles, and
concepts of a professional discipline normally acquired through
advanced education or specialized training.
- Resolves issues and significant matters on behalf of management
by utilizing independent judgment, discretion, creativity, and
analytical thinking. Contributes to development and evaluation of
goals and objectives. Creates solutions to ensure legal and policy
- May independently manage or administer programs, processes,
projects, or resources.
- Applies entry or intermediate level knowledge, concepts,
principles, and skills. Decision making occurs within general
guidelines and requires significant interpretation.
- Supervisor defines work guided by goals and objectives.
- Supervisor assists with unusual situations. Solutions require
considerable analysis and evaluation of various alternatives.
- Under supervision or independently anticipates needs and
requirements to resolve non-routine matters.
: Specialist ranges from
$60,000 to $67,000 and Senior Specialist from $70,000 to $87,000,
commensurate with education and experience
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or