Faculty Position - Graduate Education
The Graduate Program in Education announces a full-time,
tenure-track Graduate Education faculty position for an Assistant,
Associate, or Professor of Education. This faculty position will be
a cohort faculty in the Single Subject teaching credential program.
The position starts August 2022. Vanguard seeks professionals of
Christian faith who are committed to working with diverse student
populations and with social justice issues. Currently, the Graduate
Program in Education at Vanguard University serves approximately
100 graduate students, including our Integrated undergraduate
students, and we are proud to be a Hispanic Serving Institute.
Students follow a cohort model, fostering a strong mentoring
relationship between students and faculty.
- Teach courses in the teacher credential program in Graduate
Education to prepare teacher candidates
- Collaborate with Graduate Program in Educationfaculty in
curriculum implementation,student support, and continuous program
improvement, participating in all phases of curriculum planning to
comply with the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
(CTC), the CTC Standards, and the California Teaching Performance
- Assist with development of new initiatives and delivery
systems, including online systems.
- Assist with facilitation of continuing accreditation through
participation in conferences and dialogues sponsored by the CTC,
and the California Council on Teacher Education (CCTE), and the
Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities in
- Build relationships with partner schools, principals, teachers
and assist with continuous strengthening of program links and
service to the community
- Serve on university committees as assigned and participate in
the building of an innovative Christian university.
- Identify risks to the organization as assigned and participate
in the building of an innovative Christian university
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- An earned doctorate or ABD in Education or related field
- Record of outstanding secondary public school teaching and/or
secondary school administration with demonstrated excellence in
engaging and supporting all students in learning (California
- Experience teaching and preparing candidates for the California
Single Subject Teaching Credential
- Knowledge and experience in the teaching of pedagogical skills
and literacy development in content areas to support Single Subject
Teaching Credential candidates
- Knowledge of the CTC Program Standards and the California TPEs
for the Single Subject Teaching Credential
- Consistent record of development and accomplishment as a
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the California
- Knowledge of current issues and legislation related to
- Record of successful college-level teaching,
- Understanding of, and appreciation for, Christian world view
and experience of, and commitment to, the integration of faith and
- Strong record of teamwork, collaboration, communication, and
- Successful experience of working in multicultural educational
- Knowledge or experience with online learning preferred
Full-time position. Rank and salary are commensurate with
qualifications and experience.
Please complete and submit theFaculty applicationalong with the
below documents firstname.lastname@example.org.Please
do not send your documents directly to the Department
- Accompanying essays
- Personal Testimony of Relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Philosophy of Christian Education and Role of a Christian
- Integration of Faith, Teaching and Scholarship.
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vita
- Three Letters of Reference
- Copies of Unofficial Transcripts
- Pastoral reference or church leader
*Email must include all the above requested attachments and a
completed Faculty application in order to be considered.Review of
applications begins immediately; applications will be accepted
until position is filled or until there are a sufficient number of
applicants. Vanguard University will conduct a background check on
the final candidate.
More information about Vanguard University and the Department of
Graduate Education can be found on the our site at https://www.vanguard.edu/ and at
To apply, visit: https://www.vanguard.edu/resources/human-resources/employment-opportunities