Storekeeper (5064C) - 28386
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to
creating a community that fosters equity of experience and
opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all
backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of
openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for
students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's
leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its
combination of internationally recognized academic and research
excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large
and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to
equity and social justice; and its roots in the California
experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the
status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its
founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance,
generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in
California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full
diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and
understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural,
disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic
backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at
Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and
equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a
matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among
faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding
whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly
encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic
At Cal Dining, we believe that “breaking bread together” is a
unique aspect of dining on-campus with friends, faculty or staff.
Our focus is on nourishing the Cal community, both for physical and
social well-being, through customer-driven programs, culinary
excellence and campus social responsibility.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: December 27, 2021
UC Berkeley's job site will be down from: Friday, December 10, 2021
at Noon (PST) until Monday, December 13, 2021 at 8am (PST), for
Receiving, Storage and Distribution:
- Receive, inspect, and store all food and non-food products in
specified areas in accordance with HACCP guidelines.
- Dates and rotates all inventory items using the FIFO Principles
(First In First Out).
- Ensure food is held and loaded at safe temperatures.
- Assist manager with inventory, ordering and planning supply
distribution schedule using a computerized food management
- Responsible for the organization and cleanliness of all storage
- On a daily basis, records temperatures of all refrigerators,
freezers, and maintains records for three months.
- Oversee receipt and distribution of products.
- Receive multiple deliveries daily.
- Responsible for invoice accuracy, proper condition of products,
and return of damaged or otherwise suspicious inventory.
- Monitor loading area so that vehicles and other delivery trucks
have necessary access.
- Issue all food and non-food products to staff for daily
- Transfer supplies to other units when needed.
- Upholds the security of receiving areas, coolers, freezers and
- Ensures food, product and equipment are secured properly and
issues according to standard operating procedure.
- Establish and maintain positive relations with our
- Listen, and if possible, resolve customers' needs and report
them to the manager and/or supervisor.
- Interact enthusiastically and pleasantly with customers and
co-workers to ensure a positive interaction and outcome in every
- Responsible for practicing good stewardship with university and
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all staff,
vendors, and customers.
- Assist other Cal Dining units in times of food/non-food product
- Reprint service needs from computerized food system as
- Submit invoices to manager for approval and signature.
Food Preparation / Health and Safety Standards:
- Clean, prepare, store, and otherwise prepare food, following
the basic HACCP principles of food preparation, safety, and
- Safely operate and maintain necessary equipment.
- Ensure the cleanliness, safety, and sanitation of designated
storage and work areas, large and small equipment and utensils used
in food production.
- Prepare and distribute products to food production staff and/or
other units based on production sheet, storeroom requisition, or by
request to meet production schedules.
- Maintain the overall appearance and organization of the loading
dock and receiving areas.
- Works in a safe and responsible manner while not putting self
or others at risk. This includes complying with applicable policies
and regulations; using personal safety gear; observing warning
signs; learning about potential hazards; and reporting unsafe
- Experience in storeroom duties, such as, shipping, receiving,
storage, issuing, distributing of products and record keeping.
- Experience in inventory control
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
- Previous food service experience
- Previous inventory, storekeeping experience
- Previous experience delivering items by car/truck
- Fork lift certification or successfully complete certification
- ServSafe or Food Service Handler Certification.
Salary & Benefits
This position is a non-exempt, bi-weekly paid position. Hourly pay
for this role is $19.04, Step 1.0.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by
the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment
A valid driver's license and DMV check for driving record is
This is a full-time (40-hours/week), Partial-Year Career position
This position is governed by the terms and conditions in the
agreement for the Service Unit (SX) between the University of
California and the American Federation of State, County and
Municipal Employees (AFSCME). The current bargaining agreement
manual can be found at:
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a
background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities.
Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews
information received in the context of the job responsibilities.
The University reserves the right to make employment contingent
upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more
information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and
affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=28386&PostingSeq=1