The University of Colorado Boulder's Deming Center for
within the Leeds School of Business encourages
applications for the Marketing & Operations Manager
This role will work closely with the Executive
Director in leading the operations of the Center in an efficient
and collaborative manner. In addition, this position will lead,
manage, and complete all marketing functions of the Center. This
includes: creating and managing the budget; managing the process of
awarding scholarships; helping to operate broader events; lead
internal communications and collaborations; create and update a
dynamic and effective digital presence; lead the creation and
release of the Pulse newsletter; lead the Center’s rankings plan;
and lead all data management leading to data-driven decisions. In
addition, the Operations & Marketing Manager will help support
the creation of new programs and initiatives as developed by the
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Deming Center for Entrepreneurship
prepares students to
embrace key global challenges by equipping them to think like
entrepreneurs, act as social innovators and deliver as successful
business leaders. The Deming Center shapes entrepreneurs who want
to make a difference in our society by creating an environment that
fosters and cultivates innovation. Here at the Center, we are
determined to support entrepreneurs and connect them to Colorado’s
Leeds is on a trajectory to become one of our nation’s preeminent
business schools. Through a culture centered on integrity and
excellence, Leeds is committed to producing innovative, principled
business leaders who are equipped to drive value, graduates who
possess the analytical abilities and skills needed to succeed in a
globally competitive marketplace, and students who are nurtured in
academic programs by top-tier faculty and staff.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Marketing & Communications
- Assure for an efficient, timely and impactful operational
structure that supports maximum impact for all key partners.
- Data-driven decision making. Create systems and processes to
capture appropriate data and present in a way to inform
- Lead the creation and management of the budgeting process for
transparency in providing ownership to colleagues in making
- Scholarship management. Help review and award scholarship
awards for graduate and undergraduate students.
- Collaborate and assure Deming’s contributions and requirements
as a Leeds/CU Center by attending appropriate meetings and taking
- Lead and oversee additional operational elements of the Center
as we innovate and adapt.
Supporting Center Programs & Initiatives
- Create system processes to accomplish maximum exposure,
interest, and excitement in the Center’s amazing programs and
- Coordinate the creation and execution of the Pulse newsletter
for maximum impact.
- Lead social media efforts to increase awareness and help
accomplish Center goals.
- Create and distribute a yearly impact report.
- Use SalesForce to drive efficiencies. Track metrics management
and marketing efficiencies.
- Collaborate with cross-campus partners in elevating our
awareness/brand to increase participation in Center events and
What You Should Know
- Collaborate with all Demingites to innovate and grow our impact
via enhancement of current programs or creation of new ones.
The Deming Center for Entrepreneurship at Leeds School of Business
celebrated an impressive win at the Global Consortium of
Entrepreneurship Centers (GCEC) conference
last month. Follow
the link to further explore the award winning Deming Center!
All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to follow
the campus COVID-19 vaccine
. New employees must provide proof of vaccination
or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of
What We Can Offer
The salary range is $53,000- $60,000 annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be innovative. Be proactive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Two years of experience working in a comparable role,
performing similar responsibilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and oral communication
- Strong marketing abilities and an excitement to help get the
- Demonstrated self-starter.
- Ability to learn and respond quickly.
- Ability to present self in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated detail orientation and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to evaluate different student programs and determine
the highest impact.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong design experience and/or ability to manage creative
- Expertise in data analytics.
- Competence in financial budgeting; development and
- Solid understanding of creating operational efficiencies via
systems & processes.
- Knowledge in digital media strategies, execution, including
website and social channels.
- Passionate about the field of entrepreneurship and/or
- Solid understanding in SalesForce and other CRM platforms.
- Ability to work hard, while also understanding the importance
of enjoying the journey.
- Help create and promote an inclusive environment to reflect our
values and vision at Leeds.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and
responsibilities of the position.
- Please share your favorite entrepreneurial story with us via
video by sharing a link in a pdf document, or in writing by
uploading a word or PDF doc.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by February 2, 2022
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: