This position will be open until filled.
Provides academic instruction and student
academic support for the Nursing department. Performs tasks
designed to ensure the quality and consistency of academic
instruction including governance activities.
Master’s Degree in Nursing required.
Bachelor’s Degree in nursing candidates with significant graduate
nursing coursework will be considered. Master’s Degree in nursing
must be completed within 5 years of date of employment.
Current Pennsylvania RN License.
Willingness to teach day, evening, weekend, and on or off-campus
Current Pennsylvania RN
Please note that all teaching faculty are required to comply with
PA Act 15. You will need to present completed clearances and
training certificates at the time of hire. Please visit
https://www.hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm (and scroll
to PA Act 15 Clearances) for more information.
PN, fundamentals, medical
surgical, community, and/or pediatrics
Job Specific Task List:
- Teaches assigned Nursing courses. Participates in curriculum
development and maintenance.
- Provides academic support and advising to students including
establishing and maintaining a schedule of office hours.
- Participates in college governance by serving on joint, ad hoc,
faculty, campus, division and discipline committees.
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of new faculty
through participation on assigned search committees.
- Participates in college and community service activities.
- Participates in professional growth activities and maintains
awareness of new trends and developments within areas of
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate, plan, organize, and instruct academic courses
according to approved course syllabus.
- Provide high quality and consistent academic instruction to
- Provided high quality academic support and advising to
- Keep students informed and updated concerning course content,
requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance
- Keep students informed about their progress through prompt
grading of papers and other work.
- Maintain accurate and complete scholastic records, including
- Maintain scheduled office hours.
- Ensure that assigned classes are held as scheduled.
- Organize and maintain class work and assignments.
- Strive for the qualities delineated in the criteria for faculty
evaluation used by the college.
- Be thoroughly familiar and comply with all college policies and
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work in a professional, collegial, and team-oriented
Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Jan 20, 2022 Eastern Standard Time