A bachelor’s degree in biology or related fields. Two to three
years’ work experience in research
and experience with molecular biology techniques listed below,
immunohistochemistry, and cell culture. The candidate should have
skills, proficient knowledge of computer applications (word, excel,
and powerpoint), manage
simple data analysis, and work well with others.
1) Ph.D. in biological sciences (or related field).
2) A strong background in cardiovascular research with a desire to
learn surgical techniques
and work with large animals (small ruminant species).
3) Proficient in routine molecular assays (DNA/RNA isolation,
immunohistochemistry and/or immuno-fluorescence, and confocal
knowledge of cell and culture, immunoprecipitation
4) The following laboratory expertise would be beneficial:
experience handling large
animals, experience with surgical procedures, cardiomyocyte
Laboratory position job summary:
A qualified and highly motivated individual is sought to fill a
position to join a laboratory that focuses on understanding the
consequences of excess androgen
exposure on cardiovascular and metabolic outcomes using sheep as a
primary research model.
The successful candidate will conduct research focused on cellular
and molecular mechanisms
programming such outcomes. Tissues of interest in the laboratory
include heart and vasculature,
as well as insulin target tissues (adipose, muscle, and liver). Job
Duties will include the
- To conduct investigator-guided experiments and help
troubleshoot with technical difficulties by examining and analyzing
the data; selecting corrective steps.
- To execute laboratory protocols with high precision and
- To keep laboratory supplies ready by inventorying stock;
placing orders; verifying receipt.
- To help maintain laboratory in compliance with University
Policies (including IACUC and EHS).
- To keep information by maintaining daily logs and equipment
- To keep equipment operating by following operating
- breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive
maintenance; calling for repairs.
- To update knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading technical
- publications and participates in group and project
- To work at both locations: the laboratory and the animal
- To help with large animal experimentation (blood sampling,
animal experimentation, and surgeries, among other
- To participate in new students/employees laboratory
- To assist with the preparation of manuscripts for