Job Summary/Basic Function
The Associate Director of Admissions for Operations is responsible
for the technical configuration, maintenance, and oversight of the
Customer Relationship Management ( CRM ) application and
environment, currently Technolutions Slate. The Associate Director
supervises two operations team members as well as student
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 14 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,600 students to find their path. Several of our
programs are multidisciplinary in nature, combining science,
technology, and art to create a more progressive degree. One
thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three doctoral
programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields and
dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
: $55,590.00, plus comprehensive benefits,
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium. Employees pay
5% of bi-weekly salary for benefit coverage with ability to pay
2.5% when participating in the wellness program.
· Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days
· Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days.
· Group life insurance - equal to annual salary (up to
$50,000) at no cost to the employee
· Voluntary Group Life and Accident Insurance – available
for purchase at low rates for additional employee coverage as well
as coverage for spouse and children
· Long Term Disability Insurance – available for purchase at
low rates with either a 90 or 180-day waiting period
· Retirement – 2 plans to choose from
· Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are
· Vacation leave – up to 10.4 days accrued for the first
year, increases to up to 15.6 days per year after first year
· Personal leave – up to 5 days per year
· Sick leave – up to 15.6 days accrued per year, including
up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family
· Holiday leave – up to 12 days per calendar year
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience in university
- Experience with Technolutions Slate CRM
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and exhibit initiative
- Supervisory experience.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and demonstrate a high level of
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to work/travel evenings and weekends as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Valid driver’s license.
- Flexible work schedule as dictated by the needs of the
- Ability to work remotely if required due to University
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Master’s Degree.
- One year managing the technical configuration of Technolutions
Slate or a similar higher education CRM product.
- Experience with BANNER student information system.