Job Summary/Basic Function
Millersville University of Pennsylvania is recruiting for a Client
Services Representative to assist students and parents regarding
the financial aid process, and provide information on available
programs, procedures, and eligibility requirements. Provide
customer service and administrative support for a variety of
functions within the Office of Financial Aid.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
is one of the 14 public universities of Pennsylvania’s State System
of Higher Education. Our pillars of distinction include
exceptionally strong student-faculty relationships, unique
programs, a beautiful campus and vibrant location, and successful
job placement for our students. Students’ success, both inside and
outside of the classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide
numerous opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and
social growth and development. At the University level, 70
baccalaureate programs are available for 6,250 undergraduate
students. We have over 950 graduate students enrolled in 21
master’s and three doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly
respected in their fields and dedicated to the success of students
in the classroom, in research labs, and in campus life.
Additionally, over 66,000 Millersville University alumni live in
all 50 states and in 72 countries around the world.
Annual Salary: $32,176.00, plus comprehensive benefits starting on
the first day of employment, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium. Employees pay 5% of
bi-weekly salary for benefit coverage with ability to pay 2.5% when
participating in the wellness program.
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and dependents
after 90 days
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and dependents
after 90 days.
- Group life insurance – equal to annual salary (up to
$40,000.00) at no cost to the employee
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from
- Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are
- Vacation leave– up to 11 days accrued per year for first 3
years, increases to 19 days per year after 3 years
- Sick leave – up to 11 days accrued per year, including up to 5
days per year that can be taken to care for a family member
- Holiday leave – 12 days per calendar year
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
- High-School Diploma and six months of clerical experience or
combination of equivalent experience and training.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
- Ability to:
o adapt quickly to changing student, employee needs.
o maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
o provide customer service in high volume office.
o organize, prioritize, and follow up on assignments,
o perform detailed work involving written information.
o learn new skills as needed.
o work with students of diverse cultures, racial and ethnic
o work independently and in coordination with others.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and problem-solving
- A sense of urgency and attention to deadlines and details.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Flexible work schedule as dictated by the needs of the
- Ability to work remotely if required due to University
- Successful interview (Including Word and Excel tests)
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- 2 Years of work experience in clerical/secretarial
- Prior experience working in a financial aid office.
- Prior experience with website design and maintenance.
- Prior professional work experience in an academic setting.
- Prior experience using specific systems (Banner, SAP, D2L