A Cook’s Assistant position, 40 hours per week, 12-month,
year-round, reporting to the Senior Operations Manager for Mission
Park Production is available at the Mission Production kitchen. The
initial schedule will be 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Tuesday through
Saturday, with Sunday and Monday off. Schedules are subject to
change based on the needs of the department.
- Responsible for assisting the cooks in the overall function of
the kitchen as it pertains to food quality preparation,
temperatures, tastes, appearance and garnishing, as well as overall
sanitation of kitchen, equipment, and storage areas.
- Preps food per instructions from the First or Second Cook
following standardized recipes. Fills in production reports at the
end of meal period.
- Clean and sanitize service and food areas as needed during and
at the end of shift periods.
- Operates kitchen equipment including the Robo-Coupe, Slicer,
Food processors, Peeler and handles knives regularly.
- Ensures all food items being produced are accurately labelled
for food allergens, generated from FSS utilizing Net Nutrition and
Bartender program prior to being stored or sent to a dining
- Ensures proper HACCP guidelines while following the MA codes as
they pertain to food, inventory control and sanitation.
- Ensures that sound environmental practices, composting,
recycling, and over all pre-consumer waste reduction measures are
being followed utilizing Lean Path.
- Up to date in BBP and MSDS training. Steritech Compliant.
Establishes, with manager, daily/weekly cleaning schedules for unit
kitchen and assigns staff responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- One year minimum kitchen experience with some experience
preparing and cooking
- Must be able to work independently, stand for prolonged periods
of time, and handle heavy material involving lifting and bending
and complete duties as assigned
- This job requires the lifting of objects up to 40 lbs.
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic and possess strong customer
- Ability to relate to diverse customers and staff in a
- HACCP federal guideline certification desirable
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of
background information submitted by the applicant, including the
completion of a criminal record check, and education when
applicable. A COVID-19 vaccine or approved exemption and
participation in our testing program is required as a condition of
employment at Williams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination,
Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive
community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and
thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons
with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If
reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process please feel free to contact us via
phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.