Enrollment Services Specialist*
Internal Position Title
Enrollment Services Specialist*
Adult Education Testing
The College of Lake County is searching for an Enrollment Services
Specialist to join the Adult Education Testing Department. The
Enrollment Services Specialist, under the direct supervision of the
Operations and Compliance Manager, provides oversight of enrollment
and testing mainly for the LSC and continually analyzes policies
and processes to ensure equitable practices to increase student
access to Adult Education services. This position provides
enrollment services such as intake, admissions, placement testing,
new student orientation, registration, and post-testing of Adult
Education students at the Lakeshore campus and community sites as
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently
includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and
Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and
qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group
and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible
spending account plans, generous vacation, sick and personal time
off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community
college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an
innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths
for our students by offering exceptional learning
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and
community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty,
staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake
County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers
in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Proficiency in using technology such as iPads, tablets, laptops,
desktops, webcams, etc.
3. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suites and Office 365
applications such as SharePoint, Teams, and Forms.
4. Proficiency in using student information systems and entering
and reporting on data into these databases.
5. Experience working with diverse populations and committed to
diversity, equity and inclusion.
6. Valid driver’s license.
7. Bi- or multi-lingual. Spanish/English.
8. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Experience in teaching ABE, GED, or ESL .
2. Experience in student services, including testing.
3. Work experience at a community college.
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Total Hours per week
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Software Testing Required
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
Department Operation (40%)
1) Works with the business and admissions offices to correct
changes and/or holds.
2) Scans the test forms for upload into the Basic Skill test
instrument database (e.g., TopsPro).
3) Checks the database if all test scores for the students were
read by the scanner and transferred to the test to the test
4) Provides assistance to the Operations and Compliance Manager as
needed on a daily basis.
5) Provides assistance to the Data and Operations department on as
6) Provides assistance to the Student Success department on as
7) Enters application, enrollment, and test results data into the
DAISI and PeopleSoft database.
8) Prepares and compiles test forms and booklets for post-testing
in the classroom and at the community sites.
9) Coordinates New Student Orientations and assigning advisors for
registration with department chairs, Student and Instructional
Support Services Coordinator and other Adult Education staff.
10) Provides assistance to the Outreach and Recruitment Coordinator
on as needed basis.
11) Assigns advisors for registrations with Department Chairs,
Instructional Support Manager and other Adult Education
12) Organizes and maintains all testing materials and files.
13) Schedules test sessions in STARS .
14) Orders supplies (e.g. CASAS tests, scantrons).
15) Maintains and orders required forms(e.g. Intake Forms).
16) Organizes and maintains all records of requests for assistance
during the intake process.
17) Reports requests in accordance with departmental and grant
mandated ADA guidelines.
18) Participates in planning and review sessions concerning
admissions, pre and post testing, and registration services.
19) Coordinates testing dates for classroom and community
20) Provides Instructors with requested reports(e.g. test
21) Creates and maintains current semester course allocation
22) Creates and distributes instructor recommendations forms.
23) Creates and maintains required forms for the Enrollment
24) Assists the Lake County Job Center on testing their
25) Directs students to the appropriate department for
26) Performs other duties as assigned.
Customer Service (50%)
1) Provides daily intake and
testing services by responding to student inquiries on the phone,
in-person, via email, and virtual web conferencing.
2) Assists students in completing applications and other enrollment
and testing forms.
3) Proctors the pre and post tests adhering to the policies and
procedures of the state ICCB and Basic Skills test instrument
(e.g., CASAS, TABE ).
4) Collaborates with the advisors for the proper course and NRS
placement of students.
5) Assists students in registering for classes during priority and
6) Provides One Stop services at the Enrollment Services Center and
community sites as assigned by the Operations and Compliance
7) Communicates and facilitates the understanding of the college’s
testing and registration process for Adult Education classes.
8) Provides all enrollment services via web conferencing
9) Assists with recruitment efforts during registration.
10) Assists students with holds.
11) Provides technology support to students and instructors in
12) Assists students with CLC log-in credentials.
13) Assists students with CLC password resets.
14) Assists students with Canvas.
15) Assists instructors with student questions.
16) Provides assistance to students with web-conferencing
17) Provides assistance to students seeking services outside of the
College(e.g legal services).
18) Provides laptop and hotspot assistance to students and
19) Performs other duties as assigned.
Project Leadership (5%)
1) Developed virtual New
Student Orientation for Adult Education.
2) Updating and revising Pre and Post-test manuals.
3) Developed electronic forms for virtual processes,
4) Updating and revising Intake Forms.
5) Updated and revised HSE online Form.
6) Created a Google Document for registration to be used by Data
Operations for Enrollment in PeopleSoft.
7) Created score sheets for TABE 11 and 12.
8) Created score sheets for CASAS Goals.
9) Assisted the YCC with training on TABE 11 and 12.
10) Created remote testing presentation for Enrollment Services
1) Supervises part-time staff.
2) Schedules part-time staff for testing and registration at all
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher?
- * Are you proficient in using technology such as iPads,
tablets, laptops, desktops, webcams, etc?
- * Are you proficient in the Microsoft Office Suites and Office
365 applications such as SharePoint, Teams, and Forms?
- * Are you Bi- or multi-lingual? (Spanish/English preferred)
- * Do you have experience in teaching ABE, GED, or ESL?
- * Do you have work experience in a community college setting?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1