Under the general leadership of the University at Buffalo’s
Associate Vice President for Advancement Administration, the Talent
Management Coordinator will play an integral role in developing a
comprehensive staff training and recognition program, geared
towards the development and retention of University Advancement
staff. This position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for
a highly motivated and goal-oriented professional who is ready to
take on the challenge of building a new program from the ground
Desired candidates are those that seek a challenging and
results-oriented opportunity within a complex, diverse and
multidisciplinary organization. Candidates who are highly
organized, proactive, and solution oriented with a passion for
employee engagement, inclusion and organizational climate/culture
are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Donor and Constituent
Relations, the candidate will work with a team of staff that are
focused on building a comprehensive, integrated talent management
program that includes recruitment, onboarding, training and
professional development, staff engagement and satisfaction,
retention, and recognition.
Responsibilities May Include:
Outstanding Benefits Package
- Develop a local, regional, and national network of professional
colleagues; attend/participate in professional organizations,
talent management conferences, workshops, and programs in an effort
to explore trends and innovation in talent management to further
build out University Advancement’s program.
- Work in partnership with Advancement Communications colleagues
to transform the Division’s Intranet into a robust portal for go-to
information and resources.
- Join the Assistant Vice President and Advancement Human
Resources partners to develop and implement an enhanced
pre-boarding, onboarding and development and retention with a
digital first approach.
- Assist in the administration of both mentoring and buddy
programs including tracking, matching, evaluation and
- Assist with the development and execution of competency
evaluations for current positions and positions of the future.
- Manage internal communications plan including recognition,
announcements, training materials, and employee engagement
- Plan and coordinate logistics for division-wide activities
related to culture and inclusion.
- Serve as cultural steward for University Advancement
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There
are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement
plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy
mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to
support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to
learn about our
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public
research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies
ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to
achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures
challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed.
Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further
knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who
are valued for their talents and their impact on global society.
Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research
Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to
an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin and veteran or disability
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of professional level
experience; or a combination of equivalent level of education and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong
- Technical/digital competence.
- Strong project-management skills, delivering projects on tight
- Self-starter with track record of taking ownership and
successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration as well as the ability
to work well both independently and collectively.
- Ability to travel when required for recruitment and
professional development and to work evenings and on occasional
weekends if necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Personnel Administration or a
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.