University at Buffalo School of Law invites applications for the
position of Assistant Director for Alumni Affairs. The Assistant
Director provides professional support for UB School of Law’s
alumni program to help build strong, meaningful, long-term
relationships between our law school graduates and their alma
mater. The Assistant Director works closely with the Vice Dean for
Alumni Affairs to support the UB Law Alumni Association ( LAA ) and
GOLD Group officers and directors and regional chapter liaisons in
their efforts to increase and promote alumni activity, enthusiasm,
and engagement with the law school. These efforts include the
planning and implementation of social, educational, and networking
events and programs, the dissemination of alumni news, and the
promotion of membership in the LAA .
- Support, promote, and implement School of Law Alumni Events,
including but not limited to, recurring board meetings, Continuing
Legal Education, awards programs and receptions, virtual
- Provide staff support for both Board and Chapter
meetings/events hosted by the Law Alumni Association ( LAA ) and
Graduates of the Last Decade ( GOLD ) group.
- Assist and help implement membership efforts and expand
recruitment methods to increase membership with a focus on the WNY
areas and five regions where alumni chapters have been established
(Rochester, Albany, Washington DC, Central New York and New York
- Administrative contact for the Alumni office, collaborating
with the various departments within the Law School (including
communications, admissions, career services, finance, experiential
learning, law library, etc.) and university alumni and advancement
- Assist with strategic planning and alumni engagement
The University at Buffalo School of Law
— the only law
school in the State University of New York system — is situated on
the flagship campus of a world-class research intensive public
university, the largest in the northeastern United States. Working
at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are
personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan
options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of
work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support
your work-life effectiveness.
Outstanding Benefits Package:
Working at UB comes
with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards
including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also
focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal
and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life
effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply
including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- BA or BS required.
- At least two years of relevant work experience, preferably in
Higher Education and/or Alumni Engagement.
- Deep knowledge of the legal community.
- Experience driving multiple projects to successful
- Proficiency in executing programs and engaging events, on time
and within budget.
- Excellent written, verbal, and digital communication
- Demonstrated experience creating and utilizing social media
- Data analysis skills and experience making
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and virtual
conferencing platforms such as Zoom.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.