Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving and part of a
high-energy team, the Patron Program Associate will be a key player
in growing and supporting the Getty Patron Program.
The Associate will provide administrative and programmatic support
for the rapidly growing Getty Patron Program with a specific focus
on Patron renewal cycles, support at Patron events, and regular
Patron communications. In addition, the Associate will play an
important role in managing the solicitation, renewal, and
stewardship of members of the Getty Patron Program. This position
is primarily administrative; however, there is significant
interaction with Donors in-person and by phone/zoom/email.
Significant work takes place on Getty campuses and off-site during
evenings, weekends, and early mornings. This position is full-time
Donor Engagement, Solicitation, and Renewals:
- Manage and be responsible for specific projects within and
elements of the Patron Program, such as planning and executing new
donor solicitation mailings, preparing for renewals, developing and
proposing strategies for growing key audiences, retaining
- Communicate with donors in person, on the phone, and by email
to solicit support, address questions about benefits and cultivate
- Responsible for the creation, communication, and dissemination
of renewal solicitation, stewardship, and other communication
pieces for Patrons and other donors, including solicitation
mailings/emails, special acknowledgments, catalogues, holiday
cards, and more.
Events and Activities Support:
- Provide logistic and administrative support as assigned for
Patron events: develop invitation lists and strategies to engage
guests, communicate with colleagues, provide talking points and
- Staff events and activities, including travel, and provide
logistic support as assigned: check-in and guest entry,
communicating with guests, supporting donor relations team.
- Develop, promote, and document best practices and policies
associated with member, donor, and prospect management.
- Generate lists, queries, and reports from Raiser's Edge, as
- Update donor information in Raiser's Edge.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• 3-4 years experience in Annual Giving, high-level membership, or
• Familiarity with art and cultural
institutions is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent writing and effective communications skills are
essential. Ability to proofread documents and suggest edits to
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic; service mentality and
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-starter who takes initiative; works well in a team and
- Willingness to work on evenings and weekends, including
frequent early morning and evening events, as needed.
- Proficiency in Raiser's Edge (or similar) a plus, and Microsoft
Excel and Word required.
- Ability to lift, stand for long periods, and travel locally as
All employees must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus
as a condition of employment. Exemptions from this requirement as a
reasonable accommodation due to medical contraindication,
disability, or sincerely held religious belief or practice will be