Senior Director of Information Services
Rowan University is searching for a Senior Director of Information
Services, overseeing core business applications, software
development and administration, and the migration of the
University's application stack to use cloud computing resources.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Information Resources
& Technology, the Senior Director will be responsible for the
operations, maintenance, and enhancement of business applications
and supporting application infrastructure. The Senior Director will
be a core member of the team expected to help strategically plan
and lead the University’s migration to the cloud.
Core responsibilities include:
- Lead and oversee the activities of the teams focused on
software development, application upgrades, and other business
- Devise and refine policies regarding application support,
system improvement, and data governance and security.
- Advocate for and drive adoption of modern software development
methods, including Agile processes, CI/CD practices, and DevOps
- Fill the principal role in enterprise data architecture and
application integration strategy.
- Identify opportunities for increased efficiency using new tools
- Provide leadership on enterprise-wide projects dealing with
business applications and institutional data.
- Engage and build sustaining, collaborative relationships with
key leaders within various business, academic, and operational
units across the University.
- Liaise with Information Security regarding security of
enterprise business applications and adherence to data security
policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Data Governance regarding proper retention and use
of institutional and confidential data.
- Liaise with Support Center leadership to ensure business
applications are properly documented and sufficient training
materials are developed as new functionality is developed.
- Liaise with the Change Advisory Board, providing notification
when updates to the environment or new functionality are
- Liaise with the IT Acquisition Process committees to ensure
proposed application purchases adhere to University standards.
- Lead software development best practices, policies, and
procedures to ensure continual improvement goals are achieved.
- Liaise with functional offices regarding change requests,
focusing on increasing productivity and reducing costs.
- Manage departmental budgets, forecasting software, training,
and resource demands.
- Act as a point of contact for various software vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent
- 5 years of experience in software development or application
- Experience using Amazon Web Services such as EC2, EBS, Lamda,
Dynamo and S3 or equivalents.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices
for the full software development life cycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving
- Experience with Agile software development and leading agile,
- Hands-on experience with developing and using cloud computing
- Demonstrated ability to context switch and bridge the
linguistic gap between technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with developing and presenting strategic planning
- Experience with management by objective strategies, such as
objectives and key results (OKR).
- Experience with ITSM support models and best practices.