Security Sensitive Position?
Hours of Work
Official TSU Title
Job Description Summary / TWC Summary
Under general supervision is responsible for functions related to
teaching both undergraduate level courses; advising students,
supervising student research assistants; engaging in the scholarly
activities in areas relevant to the department and college, and
assuming departmental and college committee responsibilities.
Essential Duties Summary
- Counseling and teaching courses at undergraduate levels.
- Engages in scholarly research.
- Provides academic advising for students in the department.
- Serves on departmental and college committee.
- Participates in professional activities including internal and
external conferences and seminars.
- Other duties within the range of skills normally associated
with a position of this classification in an evolving teaching and
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Prepare graduation packages.
Commensurate with experience.
Master’s degree (Master of Science) and three (3) years of
experience as an instructor.
Aviation Management Instructor must have a master’s degree in one
of the following fields: Aviation Management, Business
Administration in Aviation, Aeronautical Science, Aviation Science,
Aerospace Administration or Commercial Aviation or related
Airport/Aviation management certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Policies, procedures, and practices.
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Multitasking and time management.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Contribute in teaching, and service at a level necessary to
help the department maintain accreditation.
- Should demonstrate commitment to mentoring students.
- Must be able to work with a diverse student and faculty
Requires a minimum of three years of experience as an instructor in
an aviation program in a four-year college or university. Requires
working knowledge of aviation simulators or similar equipment.
- Prolonged standing and/or walking.
- Handling light weight objects.
- Using or carrying equipment.
- Work may require routine travel.
Desired start date
Position End Date (if temporary)
UA EEO Statement
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work
environment that is free from discrimination for all persons
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected
veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or
employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly
observed in all University employment-related activities such as
advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment
training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment
benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and
discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin,
individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected
veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with
the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws,
including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights
Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
Open Until Filled (overrides close field)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Open to all applicants.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Airport/Aviation management certification?
- * Do you have three (3) years of experience as an instructor?
- * Do you have a Master's degree (Master of Science)? Aviation
Management Instructor must have a master's degree in one of the
following fields: Aviation Management, Business Administration in
Aviation, Aeronautical Science, Aviation Science, Aerospace
Administration or Commercial Aviation or related field.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Official Transcripts
- Other Document
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3