Montgomery College has an immediate need for a full-time Data
Entry Assistant in the Adult ESOL & Literacy Grant Program,
Workforce Development and Continuing Education.
schedule is Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. This is a non-bargaining,
non-exempt, grade 21 position. For non-exempt positions, you
are not eligible to work a secondary job at Montgomery
. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working
and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness,
diversity, and inclusiveness.
The data entry assistant supports the data coordinator with
planning and maintaining student records from intake to course
completion. The incumbent also provides customers with program
information from a variety of sources including print and web-based
materials. In addition, the incumbent receives incoming calls and
refers calls appropriately.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Produce data reports using various graphic/visual display
modalities and produce program documents and reports through data
- Collaborate with management information systems staff and other
data entry staff to develop procedures for collecting, documenting,
reporting, and safekeeping data.
- Manipulate data, manage electronic files, upload to and
download from program/grant data engines.
- Ensure program and student data are accurate and accessible to
- Ensure confidentiality of files and records by controlling
access to and release of information.
- Categorize hard copy student and teacher records and attendance
materials for storage.
- Scan student and class documents and link student records in
the enterprise resources planning system.
- Maintain complete and orderly electronic and hard copy program
- Assist with the development and implementation of the program’s
Data Quality Plan. Attend required training and meetings related to
data entry and reporting.
- Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite software
- Two years data entry experience with educational
- Experience providing clerical and office support and collecting
- Experience handling sensitive student information.
- Knowledge of data entry procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of English usage to include spelling, grammar,
business writing styles and formats.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment, and hard
copy and electronic file management.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to personnel or
student personal, financial, or academic information, and to comply
with FERPA regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse/multi-cultural
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the
United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
Initial salary placement $21.47 to $27.90 per hour,
commensurate with education and experience.
- Ability to identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns
in data sets.
- Experience in reviewing and verifying data and reports for
accuracy and evaluate errors in data results and data reports
- Strong knowledge/experience with, MS Word, and Excel.
- Experience with Power BI (data analytics) is a plus.
- Click Here to apply online
- This position is opened until filled.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the
time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid
holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits,
professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance,
tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming
including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Open Until Filled