Program Specialist I
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
- Position is responsible for assisting with the coordination and
support campus and local community programming and supporting daily
operations of the Antonio E. Garcia Arts and Education
- Assist in planning, implementing, and supporting programmed
events, such as meetings, workshops, summer programs, youth camps,
conferences and all other events held.
- Assist with managing registration of programs.
- Assist and coordinate in executing events including but not
limited to logistical set up, check-in/registration, food, and
beverage, displays and other logistical necessities of events.
Set-up/take down of tables and chairs - shopping for program
- Communicate and interact with other areas of the university to
- Respond to inquiries regarding program offerings.
- Assist with coordination of program communications and
marketing. Develop and update training materials and deliver
- Assist in preparing budget. Assist in identifying funding
Staff and Community Support
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the center's
director including but not limited to clerical support and
appointment scheduling. Maintain center's program calendar along
with directors' calendar and assist with the implementation of the
- Maintain office supplies, equipment, and keys.
- Ensure the confidentiality of mail, correspondence, and
- Handle cash, prepare and reconcile all incoming funds, prepare
deposits per TAMUCC guidelines.
- Maintain memorandums of Understanding (MOU's), initiate
facility use-agreements, and other files related to the center's
operations to include fiscal and administrative records.
- Provide occasional maintenance of center social media
- Ensure police security calendar is up to date, confirm calendar
with University Police for security presence to create a safe
program for students and community.
- Assist with the recruitment, entry, and onboarding in Workday
for America Reads tutors, AARP trainees, and Del Mar student worker
participants. Keep and maintain time sheets and payroll information
- Serve on the Antonio Garcia Advisory Board. Update the board
with information regarding monthly programming.
- Serve as liaison for community partners. Communicate with the
public including parents, tutors, counselors, and visitors and
serve as point of contact for parents from the after-school
- Assist in activities with the afterschool program students to
include but limited to joining the students in recess time, helping
with homework, assisting lead tutor in group time, maintaining safe
and clean areas and any other duties if needed to make the program
- Assist with distribution of afterschool snacks.
- Assist with supervision of student workers, and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Additional experience may be used as a substitution for the
- High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years of related
- Associates Degree and two (2) years of related
- Experience working with students in a learning
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
- Excellent information-seeking skills and the ability to conduct
independent research to solve problems.
- Ability to execute tasks with a high level of detail while
maintain efficient use of time. Ability to manage multiple
- Exceptional customer service, verbal, written, and
interpersonal skills. Ability to work as part of a team,
demonstrating a willingness to be collaborative and
- Ability to obtain and maintain a food handlers
- Ability to obtain and maintain a CPR certification and Child
Protection Training (through TAMUCC) that is required to
participate as staff during afterschool and summer camps program
- Ability to work an adjusted work schedule to accommodate
center's needs. Occasional weekend and late evenings hours are
required, based on programming needs. Daily hours during
afterschool programs will be 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m
- Two (2) years or more of related experience in event
- Ability to begin new projects, work though them independently,
and carry them out successfully.
- Fluent in Spanish -speaking, reading, and writing.
- Strong writing and speaking skills. Possess a strong work
- $3,129.50 - $3,333.34 monthly ($37,554.02 - $40,000
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Program-Specialist-I_R-045793