Career Opportunity Number
Computer Science and Information Systems Instructor
MCC - Any Location
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Initial Screen Date:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related CSIS field; OR
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in any field plus 4 years of
equivalent training and experience in a qualifying field; OR
· Associates degree in a related field plus 4 years of equivalent
training and experience in related field. OR
· Associates degree in an unrelated field plus 6 years equivalent
training and experience in related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Master’s degree in a related CSIS field, OR
· Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours in a
· Expertise in software development.
· Expertise in cyber security.
· Industry certifications in A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+
· Experience using assessment techniques to promote teaching and
· Demonstrated experience with current pedagogical and
· Demonstrated experience with utilizing a variety of classroom
· Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with all
constituencies of a diverse community.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
Normally scheduled Monday through Friday; may be required to work
different shifts to include evenings and/or weekends. Schedule
subject to change based upon department needs.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position will teach at both the Penn Valley and Blue River
Positions contingent on budget-appropriated funding. Position
available Fall 2022 unless otherwise approved.
Cover letter, resume, and transcripts are required and must be
attached to the online application to receive any
An MCC application must be accompanied by the following:
A cover letter which indicates the position of interest and
addresses the following:
- The highlights of your education and experience which
specifically prepare you for this position;
- The mission of the community college and how you would
contribute to the mission;
- How your teaching style would reflect the diverse learning
style of our students;
- Your familiarity with the instructional technology appropriate
to your discipline;
- The basis for your familiarity with multi-culturalism as you
would apply it to your discipline; and
- The methods of assessment you would use to assess student
A resume to include three professional references with name,
address, and phone number.
Official or student copies of your transcripts.
Official transcripts are required if selected for interview.
Brief Description of Duties:
Full-time members of the faculty are professional educators who
have the primary responsibility of instruction and management of
assigned classes. Additional responsibilities include fulfilling
the Metropolitan Community College mission, vision, values,
strategic plan, Board of Trustees’ charges and educational
philosophy, and primary goal of providing a quality education for
all students attending the college.
Essential Faculty Duties:
Deliver effective instruction.
-Assess student learning.
-Manage classes and learning environments – Foster a positive
classroom-learning environment by presenting information in a way
that is inclusive to all learners.
-Support learning through student engagement – Incorporate
pedagogical strategies such as active learning, authentic and
problem-based activities, and other successful teaching strategies
into classroom instruction.
-Provide student guidance.
-Pursue professional development and remain current in academic
-Work with administration and faculty colleagues to promote the
program to area constituencies, and work toward continued growth of
-Actively participate collegially in department, campus,
cross-college, discipline-specific, district, and community service
-Perform other duties as assigned to provide a high-quality
learning experience for students.
* EOE /M/F/Vet/Disabled
· Expertise in software development.
· Proficiency in two or more of the following languages: C++, Java,
Specific Experience Required:
Preferred Areas of Expertise:
Courses to be taught include:
Cloud and Virtualization
Microsoft Operating Systems and Active Directory
Computer hardware, software, and troubleshooting
Programming Fundamentals C++
Object Oriented Programming with Java
Object Oriented Programming with C++
Dot.Net Web Programming with C-Sharp
Data Structures and Algorithms
Introduction to Computer Architecture
Assembly Language Programming
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * What is the highest level of education you have as conferred
through an official transcript?
- Have not completed High School/GED
- High School/GED
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctorate degree
- * Do you have teaching experience, as supported by the
employment history listed on your online application?
- * How much full-time industry employment in a computer science
or closely related occupation area do you have, as supported by the
employment history listed on your online application? (could
include appropriate documented consulting or development
- less than one year
- between 1 and 3 years experience
- between 3 and 5 years experience
- between 5 and 7 years experience
- between 7 and 10 years experience
- ten or more years experience
- How did you learn about this position?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Dos Mundos
- Employee referral
- Inside Higher Ed
- Kansas City Call
- Kansas City Globe
- Kansas City Hispanic News
- MCC Website
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 01
- Transcript 02
- Transcript 03
- Transcript 04
- Transcript 05
- Other Document 01
- Other Document 02
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation 01
- Letter of Recommendation 02
- Letter of Recommendation 03
- Other Document 03
- Other Document 04