Career Opportunity Number
Automotive Technology/Collision Repair Instructor
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Initial Screen Date:
· Associates degree in Collision Repair & Refinishing
Technology or a qualifying field; OR
· ASE Master Collision Repair Technician and a B6 Damage Analysis
and Estimating Certification with 5 or more years of shop
· A combination of formal training, work experience and
professional tested experience that provide a foundation in the
specific subject matter being taught.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Preference will be given to individuals who possess
· Experience using assessment techniques to promote teaching and
· Demonstrated experience with current pedagogical and
· Demonstrated experience with utilizing a variety of classroom
· Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with all
constituencies of a diverse community.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
Normally scheduled Monday through Friday; may be required to work
different shifts to include evenings and/or weekends. Schedule
subject to change based upon department needs.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Positions contingent on budget-appropriated funding. Position
available Fall 2022 unless otherwise approved.
An MCC application must be accompanied by the following:
A cover letter which indicates the position of interest and
addresses the following:
The highlights of your education and experience which specifically
prepare you for this position;
The mission of the community college, and how you would contribute
to the mission.
How your teaching style would reflect the diverse learning style of
Your familiarity with the instructional technology appropriate to
The basis for your familiarity with multi-culturalism as you would
apply it to your discipline; and
The methods of assessment you would use to assess student learning
A resume to include three professional references with name,
address, and phone number.
Official or student copies of your transcripts.
Official transcripts will be required if selected for an
Certification (copy) of your ASE .
Interviews will be conducted by a hiring committee.
Brief Description of Duties:
Full-time members of the faculty are professional educators who
have the primary responsibility of instruction and management of
assigned classes. Additional responsibilities include fulfilling
the Metropolitan Community College mission, vision, values,
strategic plan, Board of Trustees’ charges and educational
philosophy, and primary goal of providing a quality education for
all students attending the college.
The faculty member will be responsible for providing quality
instruction in lecture, beneficial learning experiences in the
laboratory, and timely tracking of students during internships. The
faculty member will provide instruction in the areas of engine
repair, automatic transmissions, manual transmissions, suspension
and steering, brakes, electrical and electronics, HVAC and engine
Essential Faculty Duties:
Deliver effective instruction.
Assess student learning.
Manage classes and learning environments – Foster a positive
classroom-learning environment by presenting information in a way
that is inclusive to all learners.
Support learning through student engagement – Incorporate
pedagogical strategies such as active learning, authentic and
problem-based activities, and other successful teaching strategies
into classroom instruction.
Provide student guidance.
Pursue professional development and remain current in academic
Evidence of teamwork and collaborative efforts. Work with
administration and faculty colleagues to promote the program to
area constituencies, and work toward continued growth of the
Actively participate collegially in department, campus,
cross-college, discipline-specific, district, and community service
Perform other duties as assigned to provide a high-quality learning
experience for students.
* EOE /M/F/Vet/Disabled
Specific Experience Required:
* Five (5) years relevant field experience
Preferred Areas of Expertise:
* Significant OEM training history with documentation
* Additional ASE Certifications beyond Master Technician
* Classroom and laboratory teaching experience in a college
* Training experience in an automotive industry setting
* Experience with student assessment
* Experience with curriculum design
* Experience with classroom technology and Microsoft Office
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * What is the highest level of education you have as conferred
through an official transcript?
- Have not completed High School/GED
- High School/GED
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctorate degree
- * How much relevant field experience do you have, as supported
by the employment history listed on your application?
- Less than one year
- Between 1 and 3 years
- Between 3 and 5 years
- Between 5 and 7 years
- Between 7 and 10 years
- Ten years or more
- * Do you currently have Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
Master Certification? (A copy of this document must be attached to
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 01
- Transcript 02
- Transcript 03
- Transcript 04
- Transcript 05
- Other Document 01
- Other Document 02
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation 01
- Letter of Recommendation 02
- Other Document 03