Data Operations Specialist
Development - Systems Management, Lincoln
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic
institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841,
Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate
students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
The Data Operations Specialist will serve as an experienced
Microsoft Dynamics 365 data management expert who is responsible
for developing and executing comprehensive strategies for the
routine gathering, normalizing, and import of data from a variety
of sources into the systems of the Office of Development and
University Relations (DAUR). The Specialist will become an expert
in relevant business content areas and data sources.
The Specialist will report to the Senior Director of Advancement
Services and will work closely with the DAUR Analytics and Systems
team. They will also collaborate with Fordham IT and other
University business partners.
- Plans, creates, and maintains schedules for key data retrieval
and import activities.
- Develops or makes use of tools to retrieve and transform data
in accordance with DAUR and University standards for use in DAUR
- Develops and implements protocols to systematize data imports,
identifies problems with datasets and routine import processes, and
monitors and rectifies exceptions.
- Works toward the automation of routine tasks and uses
innovative data transfer and intake approaches.
- Documents processes for data consumption projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or related
- A minimum of three to five years of related professional
- Demonstrable data management experience with Microsoft Dynamics
365; advanced proficiency in Excel and Access; fluent in SQL.
Postman experience is a plus.
- SQL database experience with MS SQL Management Studio SSIS,
SSRS, query performance tunings, database development,
implementation, data manipulation and complex custom reports, and
underlying data models.
- Must have demonstrated competence performing simple to advanced
data analysis tasks.
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative, being
proactive, remaining flexible and resilient and must have a strong
sense of focus and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience managing data projects and implementing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to
communicate technical issues to non-technical audience;
communicates effectively and frequently, both verbally and in
writing, with team members and business partners.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage
- Able to comprehend complex data project requirements and
translate them into an actionable execution plan and communicate
project overviews to general audiences.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment
to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Experience working in higher education or non-profit
institutions, especially in the areas of advancement, fundraising,
or marketing and communications.
- Experience with data science, Azure, Power BI
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/2652
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York,
offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit
tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and
schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and
Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center
Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in
the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence
through diversity and welcomes candidates of all
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer –
Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories