Career Opportunity Number
Business Administration Faculty
MCC - Any Location
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Initial Screen Date:
Master’s degree or higher in Business; OR
Master’s degree or higher in a related discipline plus a minimum of
18 graduate credit hours in Business.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Preferred Qualification include:
• Two years of teaching experience using interactive teaching
• Experience using assessment techniques to promote teaching and
• Demonstrated experience with current pedagogical and
• Demonstrated experience with utilizing a variety of classroom
• Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with all
constituencies of a diverse community.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
Normally scheduled Monday through Friday; may be required to work
different shifts to include evenings and/or weekends. Schedule
subject to change based upon department needs.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants
: Positions contingent on budget-appropriated
funding. Position available Fall 2022 unless otherwise
There are currently positions open at both the LONGVIEW and PENN
An MCC application must be accompanied by the following:
A cover letter which indicates the position of interest and
addresses the following:
- Respond to the Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities and
- The highlights of your education and experience which
specifically prepare you for this position;
- The mission of the community college and how you would
contribute to the mission;
- How your teaching style would reflect the diverse learning
style of our students;
- Your familiarity with the instructional technology appropriate
to your discipline;
- The basis for your familiarity with multi-culturalism as you
would apply it to your discipline; and
- The methods of assessment you would use to assess student
A resume to include three professional references with name,
address, and phone number.
Official or student copies of your transcripts.
Official transcripts are required if selected for interview.
Brief Description of Duties:
Overall Position Description:
Full-time members of the faculty are professional educators who
have the primary responsibility of instruction and management of
assigned classes. Additional responsibilities include fulfilling
the Metropolitan Community College mission, vision, values,
strategic plan, Board of Trustees’ charges and educational
philosophy, and primary goal of providing a quality education for
all students attending the college.
Essential Faculty Duties:
-Deliver effective instruction.
-Assess student learning.
-Manage classes and learning environments – Foster a positive
classroom-learning environment by presenting information in a way
that is inclusive to all learners.
-Support learning through student engagement – Incorporate
pedagogical strategies such as active learning, authentic and
problem-based activities, and other successful teaching strategies
into classroom instruction.
-Provide student guidance.
-Pursue professional development and remain current in academic
-Evidence of teamwork and collaborative efforts. Work with
administration and faculty colleagues to promote the program to
area constituencies, and work toward continued growth of the
-Actively participate collegially in department, campus,
cross-college, discipline-specific, district, and community service
-Perform other duties as assigned to provide a high-quality
learning experience for students.
Specific Experience Required:
Preferred Areas of Expertise:
Preference will be given to individuals who possess
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- * What is the highest level of education, in a related field,
you have as conferred through an official transcript?
- Have not completed High School/GED
- High School/GED
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Doctorate degree
- No Answer
- * How much teaching experience do you have, as supported by the
employment history listed on your online application?
- less than 1 year
- between 1 and 3 years
- between 3 and 5 years
- between 5 and 7 years
- between 7 and 10 years
- ten or more years
- How did you learn about this position?
- Academic Keys
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Dos Mundos
- Employee referral
- Inside Higher Ed
- Kansas City Call
- Kansas City Globe
- Kansas City Hispanic News
- MCC Website
- Other Source
- Cover Letter
- Transcript 01
- Transcript 02
- Transcript 03
- Transcript 04
- Transcript 05
- Other Document 01
- Other Document 02
- Letter of Recommendation 01
- Letter of Recommendation 02
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy