The Arizona K12 Center, located in Phoenix, Arizona, provides
professional learning opportunities for Arizona’s K-12 teachers and
is part of the College of Education at Northern Arizona University.
It is seeking an experienced, dynamic leader to serve as the
Program Director. While this position is primarily responsible for
the development, implementation, and growth of the Arizona K12
Center’s teacher leadership work it also intersects with other
aspects of our work across the teaching continuum. It oversees
program operations including budgets, development, and quality
management to identify and create goals to assure the effectiveness
of the program.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Programs of the Arizona
K12 Center, this position plays a central role in the development
and implementation of the programs of the Center, in particular,
teacher leadership. It is expected that the Program Director will
take an active role in planning and facilitating professional
learning for clients and play a supporting role in advancing the
learning opportunities associated with the Center’s Professional
Learning Plan. The person hired for this position must be
comfortable speaking and facilitating engaging learning
opportunities in large groups of over 200 people as well as smaller
groups of 20-30 people. It is expected that the Program Director
will be strategic in thinking as the goals and vision of the
Arizona K12 Center are implemented and hold themselves and those
around them to the highest standards. It is expected that the
Program Director will have a deep knowledge set around the
standards and research that support teachers across the continuum
of practice, most notably, teacher leadership as well as the
content areas of literacy and English language acquisition. The
person hired for his position will need to work collaboratively
with all members of the Arizona K12 Center team and support the
mission and goals of the Center. The successful candidate must have
a keen eye on detail and be comfortable in the use of technology,
including the Arizona K12 Center’s in-house studio. This includes
but is not limited to event set up, ensuring website accuracy, and
the ability to execute and oversee the use of the Arizona K12
Center’s in-house studio. It is expected that the Program Director
will meet regularly with the Assistant Director of Programs to
provide updates, seek feedback, and provide insight. The person
hired for this position will need to stay abreast of current trends
and research in teacher leadership as well as literacy and English
language acquisition while keeping others informed.
Develop Professional Learning - 25%
- Supports the mission and goals of the Arizona K12 Center
through a programmatic focus on professional learning for Arizona’s
K-12 teachers spanning the teaching continuum from preservice to
teacher leadership with the ubiquitous use of technology
integration where appropriate.
- Provides direction and integrative coordination in the
planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the
Arizona K12 Center’s multi-faceted teacher leadership program.
- Develops professional learning opportunities for teacher
leaders as well as the Arizona K12 Center’s annual Teacher
- Develops original professional learning opportunities in
literacy and English language acquisition.
- Stays abreast of current trends/research in professional
learning, teacher leadership, and the needs of schools and
Support K-12 Practitioners - 25%
- Supports the use and development of the Arizona K12 Center’s
Technology Integration Matrix (TIM).
- Oversees and facilitates the Arizona Teacher Solutions
- Stays connected to K-12 teachers to seek stories of leadership
where key teacher leaders emerge as our teacher leader spotlight
- Seeks opportunities to expand and elevate teacher leadership
- Supports and provides leadership/guidance to the Arizona NBCT
- Remains current on the standards that support teacher
leadership, teaching practice, and professional learning.
- Assists in fiscal accountability of assigned professional
Design and Deliver Professional Learning - 20%
- Assist in the creation and development of the Arizona K12
Center’s annual teacher leadership report and videos.
- Hosts the Arizona K12 Center’s podcast, 3Ps in a Pod, while
assisting in content development and production.
- Works with team to help deliver Mentor Institute and
- Facilitates professional learning opportunities with the
Arizona K12 Center’s Professional Learning Plan.
- Design and deliver original professional learning in literacy,
English language acquisition, and/or technology.
- Applies advanced ability in work design, project management,
financial planning, and goal development; applies awareness of
trends and changes.
- Provides onsite and/or virtual event set-up, teardown, and
Collaborate with Staff & Stakeholders - 15%
- Works alongside staff to plan and execute professional learning
- Meets regularly with the Assistant Director and other program
- Collaborates with key staff and stakeholders to create
meaningful connections in the work of the Center to maintain
relevancy and maximize sustainability.
Data Collection and Evaluation - 10%
- Designs meaningful measures and collects data to better
understand the overall effectiveness of the Center’s work.
- Creates written reports summarizing data from assigned
professional learning events.
Other Duties as Assined - 5%
Essential Physcial Reqirements:
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and tape down power cords.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of program management experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of K-12 teaching and coaching
- Current AZ Teaching Certificate.
- Master’s degree in education or related field.
- National Board Certification.
- Experience in working with adult learners.
- Experience facilitating professional learning opportunities in
both large and small group settings.
- Experience supporting teachers seeking National Board
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button
on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the
"Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you
need assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human
Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on
the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact
the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006
or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Please see nau.jobs for full
job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women,
minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply.