The Manager, Client Services within the Office of Scholarships
and Financial Aid (OSFA) position assists in the oversight of the
Client Services/ Financial Aid Advisor area which includes but is
not limited to the following programs: Outreach, Federal
Work-Study, TEACH Grant, Consortium Agreements, Study Abroad, Earn
to Learn, eTRP/QTR processes. This position reports directly to the
Assistant Director of Client Services.
Department Leadership & Team Management - 50%
- Provide leadership and overall management of the Financial Aid
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate three full-time
staff and oversee the supervision of one full-time staff and 1-2
- Work collaboratively with Operations areas and other
departments’ campus-wide, including but not limited to Service
Center, Solution Center, Office of the Registrar, and Student
Account Department Services.
- Develop, implement, and provide extensive training for the
Client Services/ Financial Aid advising team on areas of
Program Lead & Appeals Manager - 20%
- Serves as the expert for professional judgement appeals
including: Budget, Contribution, Dependency- and a back-up for
Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Assist in managing the appeals Policies and Procedures to
ensure the process is student facing yet compliant.
- Acts as a resource to the advising team on a variety of topics
including financial aid topics and strong customer service
- Participate in special projects and cross-training within
office as needed.
- Ensure operations is following federal, state and institutional
regulations and provide and communicate timely resolutions as
Customer Service - 15%
- Service students and families through a variety of avenues
including: walk-in and phone appointments, emails and Salesforce
- Consult with students and families on financial aid topics and
provide excellent customer service.
- Investigate student accounts as needed to resolve any and all
- Utilize several internal and external databases, including
PeopleSoft, OnBase, Salesforce, COD, NSLDS, etc.
- Assist in testing updates and fixes, system upgrades, and other
data processing as needed.
- Research federal regulations and exhaust all resources
available in resolving issues.
Partnerships & Outreach - 10%
- Manage the Outreach program and efforts for the office.
- Ensure adequate staff representation is aligned for all
- Develop and foster a collaborative work environment with on/off
Other - 5%
- May require working and/or traveling nights and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-4 years of administrative/coordinative experience.
- 1-2 years of management or supervisory experience.
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be
substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year
- Experience working in a financial aid office and administering
federal, state, and institutional aid.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button
on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the
"Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you
need assistance completing your application there are instructions
available on the Human Resources website or in person in the Human
Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on
the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable
accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact
the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006
or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Please see nau.jobs for full
job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women,
minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply.