Advancement Services Assistant (Level 5)
Development and University Relations, Lincoln
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic
institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841,
Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate
students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
As a key member of the Advancement Services team, the
Advancement Services Assistant (Level 5) provides foundational
support in Development and University Relations’ (DAUR) work of
engaging alumni, donors, and other external constituents by
performing a broad range of responsibilities.
This position requires extensive attention to detail, technical
aptitude, and a robust understanding of data and data systems. The
duties of the Advancement Services Assistant (Level 5) also require
a strong ability to manage confidential and sensitive information
with appropriate discretion. The Advancement Services Assistant
reports to the Senior Director of Advancement Services.
- Performs daily contribution processing and reconciliation.
- Handles biographical data collection, entry, and
- Performs regular audits, reconciliations, and feeds to the
- Focuses on data quality and integrity, research,
troubleshooting data issues, proper storage, and destruction of
- Assists with business process maintenance.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required. A bachelor’s degree
in finance, business, computer science, or a related field
- A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
- Ability to multi-task and consistently handle a myriad of gift,
pledge, and other data processing situations in accordance with
department protocols in a fast-paced work environment.
- Expertise in data entry related to financial and constituent
- Extensive experience working with customer relationship
management (CRM) systems.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis in Excel
spreadsheet skills including macros, pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgement, and
make accurate independent decisions regarding appropriate recording
and retrieval of data.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a complex and evolving
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information with
- Experience working in higher education or non-profit
institutions, especially in the areas of advancement, alumni
relations, or fundraising is a plus.
- Experience in MS Dynamics-based CRM and/or Anthology Encompass
is a plus.
- Mandatory Competency Testing
- Demonstrated Writing Ability
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment
to the goals of Jesuit Education.
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
SEND LETTER, RESUME TO:
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York,
offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit
tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and
schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and
Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center
Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in
the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence
through diversity and welcomes candidates of all
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer –
Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories