Director for Strategic Initiatives, Office of Alumni
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic
institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841,
Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate
students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
The Director for Strategic Initiatives will report to the
Associate Vice President (AVP) for Alumni Relations.
- Serves the AVP in a lead advisory role relative to the
strategic operation of the office and makes decisions in the
absence of the AVP.
- Manages the 24-person Fordham University Alumni Association
(FUAA) Advisory Board and its three task forces.
- Organizes FUAA events and manages the budget.
- Directs digital media efforts (i.e. website, social media, and
- Directs on and off-line career development/services
- Improves, standardizes, and continues to develop data
collection and utilization efforts.
- Leads alumni survey initiatives.
- Conducts periodic peer, aspirant and market research to
determine effectiveness of existing programs and identifies new
- Manages two full-time employees: Program Manager for Alumni
Relations and Assistant Director for New York City
- Collaborates with the Fordham Fund (Annual Fund) on days of
giving, solicitations, and events.
- Assists the AVP in the compilation and authoring of required
reports and updates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- A minimum of ten years related experience in higher education
or related field.
- Must have strong background in program evaluation, market
research, and analytics.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and travel as
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and
must be comfortable communicating with a wide array of
- Must be motivated, creative, and able to manage change
- Must be an effective team leader with supervisory
- Must portray a professional image to all internal and external
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment
to the goals of Jesuit Education.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Background in volunteer management and alumni relations or
FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY HERE: https://careers.fordham.edu/postings/2655
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York,
offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit
tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and
schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and
Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center
Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in
the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence
through diversity and welcomes candidates of all
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer –
Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories