Manager, Technical Services/AV
Chatham University seeks qualified candidates for the position of
Manager, Technical Services/AV. This position reports to Chatham's
Chief Information Officer with a dotted reporting line to the
Director of Teaching and Technology Development.
Chatham University strives to promote a campus environment that
understands and embraces multiculturalism while increasing
individuals' intercultural competence. We actively work to build
and sustain a diverse and culturally vibrant campus, which promotes
employee and student success and retention.
The Manager, Technical Services/AV will:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and support Chatham University's events, including large
events such as commencement and graduation and smaller event setups
with support from IT Support Services.
- Develop external contractor/vendor agreements and
- Provide classroom learning technologies implementation and
utilization support, as well as help support planning new classroom
- Manage classroom repair and maintenance with support from other
- Develop and maintain programs to recruit, train, mentor, and
cultivate student work study positions for the ITS
- Support the Office of Teaching and Technology Development in
providing training, support, and documentation on campus-wide
The Manager, Technical Services/AV works closely with several areas
within the Information Technology Services department, including
The Office of Teaching and Technology Development and IT Support
Services, to assure service level agreements are met and the best
possible support for the campus community is provided:
- Inventory all classrooms and available equipment.
- Monitor, maintain, and support all classroom technology
- Maintain inventory of all classroom technologies utilizing
asset management software.
- Support the development and maintenance of the living 5-year
ITS Strategic Plan.
- Develop and maintain 5-year classroom refresh as part of the
ITS Strategic Plan.
- Plan annual upgrades.
- Manage external vendors and contractors to provide repairs and
upgrades to classrooms that cannot be completed in-house.
- Manage day-to-day support and repairs by servicing in-house
with support from the ITS Support Services area.
- Provide tech support to faculty and staff as needed.
- Collaborate with ITS department groups to develop
documentation, training, and support for internal and external
- Develop and update documentation and training videos on
- Consult and collaborate with faculty, students, and staff on
classroom technology and AV projects.
- Implementation of classroom hardware and technologies.
- Coordinate AV needs for campus events.
- Maintain inventory of all available audiovisual equipment
utilizing asset management software.
- Keep AV inventory operational and up-to-date.
- Manage and recruit work study students to support ITS areas,
- Work with Career Services and program faculty to recruit
- Oversee training of work study students with support from
related ITS area staff.
- Manage TDX ticketing system related to events and classroom
- Schedule equipment and personnel to be deployed at campus
events based on the needs of the request.
- Post-secondary degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in technical event management,
preferably in a higher education setting.
- 2-3 years of experience in Higher Education classroom support,
development, and maintenance.
- Experience with a wide range of classroom related
hardware/software in an academic environment.
- Experience training users individually and in a group
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies and priorities.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of end users.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to effectively convey information in-person and in
- Ability to work with vendors to obtain merchandise and
- Ability to remain calm and professional in stressful
- Integrity, adaptability, and ability to work independently and
as both team leader and team member.
- Excellent organization skills and problem-solving
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
Interested applicants should go to www.chatham.edu
to apply. All documents should be uploaded at the same time
at the time of application.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong
commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Persons of color,
women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of
other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply.
Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, or national origin.