Senior Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives,
Finance, and Administration (Wellstar College of Health and Human
Wellstar College of Health and Human
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a
twelve-month, administrative faculty position as Senior Associate
Dean for Strategic Initiatives, Finance, and Administration in the
Wellstar College of Health and Human Services (WCHHS) beginning
July 1, 2022.
The Senior Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives, Finance,
and Administration will oversee all business operations for the
WCHHS. In collaboration with other college leaders, this new
position will direct and oversee the college’s financial planning
and resource allocations, human resources and faculty affairs, and
space and equipment, among other responsibilities that allow the
college to serve its stakeholders efficiently and effectively.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited
- Leading the development of policies for operational procedures,
strategic objectives, and personnel actions for WCHHS;
- Directing the development and implementation of college-level
- Overseeing resource allocations within the college;
- Monitoring equity initiatives for staff and faculty;
- Managing, maintaining, renovating and augmenting facilities and
space, including faculty office assignments;
- Overseeing acquisition and use of equipment and
- Managing special projects assigned by the Dean; and
- Representing the College in campus meetings when the Dean is
Required Qualifications Include
- An earned terminal degree with an academic background and
appropriate credentials to be a tenured Associate Professor or
Professor in an academic department in the Wellstar College
of Health and Human Services. Rank is determined at the time
of hiring and will be commensurate with experience.
- A record of success in higher education teaching.
- A record of success in discipline-based research.
- At least five years advanced administrative experience in
higher education or a related field.
Preferred Qualifications Include
- Experience in leading strategic initiatives from conception to
- Experience in designing, building, and adhering to
- Experience in human resources activities such as hiring and
retaining faculty and staff, reorganizing unit structures, and
creating effective compensation schemes.
- Evidence of working with a culturally and ethnically
For a full description of this position, application deadlines,
and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php.
Search for Job ID 238093.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known
for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in
innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just
north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two
metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of
Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate
and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral
programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw
State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution
positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand
its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of
Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability,
national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or
veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.