Data Management Analyst III
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Academic Advising Center
(AAC) is seeking a Data Management Analyst III to support the
mission of promoting student success. The Coordinator of Data
Management and Analytics is a key member of the AAC, and should
have an orientation toward/interest in the challenges of
undergraduate education. The Coordinator of Data Management and
Analytics will work collaboratively with the faculty/staff of the
AAC as well as the CLAS Dean’s Office and individual departments
and centers to collect, organize and analyze appropriate data for
reporting and policy purposes. This position reports directly to
the Associate Dean/Director. Duties and responsibilities include,
but are not limited to:
Data Collection & Management
- Leverage AI and statistical techniques to answer questions and
test hypotheses as specified by CLAS AAC faculty/staff and college
- Using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation tools,
provide reports of analyses to decision-makers. Make effective
presentations of findings at multiple levels of
stakeholders/partners through visual displays of quantitative
information. Develop reports through appropriate products like
Salesforce, Cognos, Tableau, and/or PL/SQL Developer.
- Deploy data in support of the mission of the AAC, including
regular data reports for functional program tasks such as academic
probation, student registration holds, etc.
- Conduct complex quantitative analysis as it applies to areas of
student success, course placement, retention, student
decision-making, progress to degree, and graduation.
- Build relationships and communicate with senior college
leadership and strategic partners to brainstorm analytics ideas and
to report analytical findings. Collaborate with administrators,
faculty, and staff in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
- Use R, Python, Tableau, DataStage and/or other
database/analytical software platforms at a reasonable level of
proficiency to manipulate and analyze data associated with major
program issues and concerns.
- Design, create and support data collection management for the
*In collaboration with the AAC Director, manage the queue of
incoming data requests, and prioritize multiple data
collection/analysis requests often under tight deadlines.
Data Security and Integrity
- As a subject matter expert on student information sources,
ensure anomalies/bugs are escalated and if needed workarounds
- Develop and enhance regular reporting mechanisms via
- The Coordinator for Data Management and Analytics will provide
secure, accurate, and reliable data to support program needs.
- Ensures compliance with data security standards.
- Manage communications related to data quality, both good and
bad, with internal and external audiences.
- Participate in all required meetings and training sessions as
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications
and experience, and includes a full benefits package.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant
experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and four
years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience with at least one analytics
programming language such as Python or R.
- 1+ years of experience with Cognos, Tableau, and/or other
analytics and visualization tools.
- Working experience applying data analysis, ML, or statistical
models to solve real-world business problems and can communicate
the impact of the work to various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in program development and
- Strong project management and time management skills; ability
to handle multiple projects with critical deadlines and changing
priorities simultaneously and accurately.
- Exceptional analytical skills to synthesize a high volume of
information from a variety of sources and perform complex analysis
to produce reports that are usable and actionable to a variety of
higher education professionals.
- Experience developing reports in business intelligence tools,
such as Cognos or Tableau.
- An understanding of undergraduate education, particularly at
the University of Florida.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability
to work collegially.
- An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace
in all its forms.
- Collaborative, collegial, and customer service-focused
orientation, eager and able to engage a diverse stakeholder base,
and able to build strong professional relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter,
resume, and the names and contact information of at least three
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Health Assessment Required: