2550 Bending Branch Way, Allen, Texas, 75013
We are searching for candidates that meet the required
qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential
duties and responsibilities.
Responsible for coordination of daily operations of the HVAC
technology labs. Provide supervision and direction to lab
technicians/assistants. Ensure operation of lab equipment and
technical classroom support of faculty and students in a safe and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize, plan, and prioritize the overall coordination of
laboratory activities for the HVAC technology labs; adapt and
applies laboratory methods, practices, and techniques common to
designated area. Direct or perform the preparation of student
experience and demonstrations, performing routine and analytical
work; pilot new labs to be considered. Implement new or modified
laboratory policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe laboratory conditions including safe and secure
handling and storage of supplies, refrigerant and equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and materials. Collect and
maintain data, records, and other information and submit reports as
- Coordinate, operate, and monitor lab facilities and activities.
Direct and organize preparation of lab materials, supplies,
workstations, equipment, computers, and other media to ensure
efficient lab operations.
- Recommend, implement, and maintain safety standards and
departmental policies and procedures to comply with federal, state,
and local hazardous materials, health and safety hazardous waste
regulations, and other applicable regulations with EPA, OSHA, DOT,
WECM, SACSCOC, and other regulatory agencies and acts.
- Initiate purchase requisitions, controls expenditures, prepares
cost estimates for budget recommendation and submits justifications
and requests for capital outlay items. Prepare specifications and
analyzes bids for purchases.
- Operate, install, maintain, and trouble-shoot equipment. Set
up, configure, and calibrate new equipment. Write instructions and
standard operating procedures for equipment operation. Perform
routine maintenance and repair.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students with use of lab equipment
- Perform assigned special projects or assignments based on
unique laboratory needs.
- Schedule, train, monitor work of HVAC technology lab
technician(s)/assistant(s) and other staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical
- Knowledge of HVAC technology
- Knowledge of laboratory tests, experiments, policies, and
- Knowledge of hazardous material/waste handling and
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices
- Interpersonal and customer service skills to provide effective
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Audio/visual equipment skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to identify and resolve lab technical issues in a
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and
- Ability to use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing,
database, and presentation software
- Ability to use related laboratory software applications
- Ability to follow and enforce lab policies, protocols and
guidelines established by the department
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidential work-related information and
- Ability to handle lab materials with precision and
- Ability to understand and follow precise instructions and
- Ability to strategically work with culturally diverse student
Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to
50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class
typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing,
walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and
lifting. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts,
odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme
temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises, gases and
workspace restrictions. In addition, incumbents may be subjected to
vibrations, chemicals and oils. Occasional exposure to unpleasant
environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work.
Frequent physical effort required.
High School Diploma or equivalency certificate required. Associate
or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution
Three (3) years or more in supervisory, education, inventory
control or managerial role.
Licenses and Certifications
EPA 608 Universal Certification
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not
intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities
of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business
needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or
delete portions of this job description at any time, with or
without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin
College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or send an email to: email@example.com
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by