The Assistant Professor for EOC (12 month)/Coordinator, Dental
Assisting Program will work within the Instructional Services Unit
to manage the educational activities of the program and all
students, classes and labs. The Program Coordinator will also be
responsible for any applicable accreditation commission standards
or agency regulations as well as all program policies and
procedures including those stated in the catalog or available
internally on the Center’s webpage
In this position, you will:
• Ensure integrity, accuracy and efficiency of academic activities
including classroom, dental lab and externships.
• Oversee monitoring of students including those in online or
• Advise students regarding academic progress in the program from
enrollment to graduation.
• Assist with student orientations.
• Responsible for orienting faculty members for the program.
• Engage in appropriate, documented, and timely faculty development
via University resources.
• Supervise and ensure timely and accurate student scheduling and
• Supervise externships and ensure all students receive appropriate
and sufficient experience.
• Conduct all instructor observations as per policy and
• Ensure appropriate facilitation and maximum participation in both
end-of-course student evaluations and Student Satisfaction
• Review student records for satisfactory academic progress.
• Assist with ongoing review and development of curricula.
• Complete and submit assigned reports and attend Center meetings
• Assist with catalog review and ensure program is in compliance
with Center catalog and internal policies at all times.
• Complete and submit assigned reports and conduct and document
regular program meetings.
• Participate in program and/or Instructional Services meetings as
• Serve as a substitute instructor in the classroom or lab as
• Organize and participate in dental advisory committee
• Ensure dental equipment is in proper working order and lab is
sufficiently stocked with consumables at all times.
• Coordinate with the School of Dentistry with regard to classroom
placement of students.
• Coordinate with the Director, Student Support Services with
regard to job openings, potential candidates, and/or any placement
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Instructional
Services or his/her designee.
The Buffalo Educational Opportunity Center ( BEOC ), an adult
education enterprise, of the State University of New York,
University Center for Academic and Workforce Development ( UCAWD ),
with an annual enrollment of 1,940 students, is seeking
applications for a Clinical Assistant Professor for EOC (10
months)/Coordinator, Dental Assisting Program. The mission of the
BEOC is to produce lifelong learners who are self-directed,
empowered, and committed to excellence. Residents of the
surrounding Buffalo community are provided a range of services
designed to develop the academic and workforce development skills
necessary to become self-sufficient. Programs and services are
structured to adapt to the needs of our students — as well as to
the demands of our community — and serve as first steps toward the
attainment of long-term educational and employment skills.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action equal opportunity
employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply
including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Biology, Anatomy or related
- 3 years of experience as Dental Hygienist or Dental Assistant.
– Must pass Dental Assisting National Board ( DANB ) Certified
Dental Assistant ( CDA ) exam prior to employment.
- Familiarity with computer applications including those used to
manage dental offices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings and have a
strong working knowledge of best practices in field.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Master’s Degree in Science, Biology, Anatomy or related
- Teaching, education, and/or management experience.
- Experience in using online Learning Management System(s) to
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.