A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral
Health (ATSU-ASDOH) invites applications for a non-exempt Lead
Dental Assistant on the Mesa, Arizona campus. This position reports
to the Orthodontic Clinical Operations Coordinator. The lead dental
assistant manages orthodontic dental assistants, four-handed
orthodontic assisting, and clinic inventory on a daily basis to
ensure clinic and sterilization runs smoothly.
- Supervise Dental Assistants (DAs) including mentorship,
training, and disciplinary actions.
- Maintain stock of supplies, inventory, instruments, equipment
and place orders for new items needed.
- Chairside four-handed Orthodontic dental assistant.
- Enforce HIPAA and OSHA rules and regulations for all staff,
faculty and residents in Ortho clinic.
- Grant tracking of donated supplies.
- Supply budget tracking and supply chain utilization of clinic
- Track lab and Invisalign orders and deliveries.
- Oversee all patient material iTero scanning and training.
- Create, coordinate and oversee assistant assignment for
- Assist other department members with work as assigned.
- Assist with new resident yearly orientation.
- Train others within Ortho department on pano, ceph and
- Plan and host DA hands on seminars for partner DA
- Cover areas needed within the program due to absence.
- Coordinate materials for resident conferences.
- Continuing education course attendance.
- Assist with yearly DA staff reviews.
- Assist with interview process of new DA's.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED + 1 year technical training or
- 3-5 years’ experience orthodontic chair-side dental
- Dolphin software, imaging software, proficient computer
experience, MS Office Suite.
- Supervisory experience including effectively managing a team,
mentoring, and gaining trust in a team environment.
- Inventory control and ordering experience.
- Infection control and PPE procedures.
- Sterilization, OSHA, HIPAA, chair-side assisting Dental
inventory and supply management
- CPR certification.
- DANB x-ray certification.
- Proficient computer skills to include Excel, Word Suite,
Dolphin, Gmail Suite and Email.
- Must be detail oriented and motivated to complete tasks in a
timely manner, foster a team environment, and get along with many
personality types. Work well without supervision.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible,
employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month
following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits