External Support and Grants Specialist
Athens State University
- Apply for 10-15 external support projects annually, totaling
over $100,000 annually.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff seeking external project
support to develop realistic and thorough budgets with the Business
- Manage small external support applications with faculty
- Research external support projects and share with interested
University parties for both faculty and staff.
- Support project reporting, tracking, and measurements.
- Support development of standard proposals for University
programs to appeal to foundations and corporations.
- Collaborate with Restricted Accountant to ensure external
support procedures are being followed for finances including
purchase order requests, invoices, and salary.
- Develop monthly external support opportunity update in
conjunction with the Director of External Support and Major Gifts
for faculty and staff including current grants, future grant
opportunities, and upcoming grant deadlines.
- Manage all University Foundation scholarship criteria, student
applicants, awards, thank you notes, and tracking.
- Maintain database of scholarship donor information, criteria,
perform analysis, and update data as needed.
- Manage Foundation Scholarship funding through invoices and
payments to the University Business Office.
- Analyze and report on scholarship funding, awards, responses,
and student success.
- Assist with University Foundation gift processing.
- Assist with Advancement projects and events as needed.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB
- Bachelor’s degree desired, or equivalent work experience.
- External Support or Grant experienced preferred.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing work scope
and tasks based on need.
- Identify opportunities for improvements to work practices and
offers viable solutions for implementation.
- Proactively engage in problem solving related to tasks in this
position with internal and external constituencies.
- Routinely practice self-monitoring by assessing self to make
improvements or take corrective action to improve performance.
- Ability to oversee and manage numerous projects and meet strict
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook,
PowerPoint), other office tools, and strong search
Salary Band: P365
To view salary schedules, visit:
Salary will be
commensurate with experience and qualifications
Special Instructions to Applicants
Unofficial transcripts should be from the college or university
which verifies minimum qualifications for the position. Upon an
offer of employment, official transcripts from all colleges and
universities attended must be submitted. Continued employment is
contingent upon receipt of transcripts from all colleges and
Please provide contact information for three professional
references on your application.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.athens.edu/postings/search
About Athens State University
Located in historic Athens, Alabama, Athens State University offers
junior and senior-level coursework to community college graduates
and transfer students holding sufficient credits from other
institutions. Presently, over 3,100 students have selected Athens
State because of its neighborly environment where 50 majors and
degree programs are offered, with courses taught by a supportive
and exceptional faculty. Approximately 80% of the students are
enrolled in at least one online course. The typical student is a
working adult who commutes. Recently, the University was featured
in the 2015 Best Value Online College Rankings by OnlineU.org for
four online programs including computer science, accounting,
education and human resources. The University offers undergraduate
degree programs in Liberal Arts, Teacher Preparation, and Business.
The University employs more than 350 full and part-time employees
with approximately 90 full-time faculty members in three colleges:
College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, and College of
Education. Seventy-five percent of the full-time faculty members
hold a terminal degree. The University is accredited by the
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on
Athens, Alabama is located in north Alabama equidistant between
Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL. Athens is home to several events
and festivals that have been featured as the Southeast Tourism
Society’s “Top 20 Events in the Southeast” including the Athens
Storytelling Festival and the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers
In accordance with Athens State University Policy and guidelines,
the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a
consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be
contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from that
criminal background check.
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement Athens State University, as
an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution, complies with
all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination
and affirmative action. Athens State University does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, religion, genetic
information, or veteran status in employment, or admissions to or
participation in educational programs and activities. Inquiries or
concerns may be addressed to the Office of the Vice President of
Enrollment and Student Support Services, 300 N. Beaty St., Athens,
AL 35611, 256- 233-8175.