Hours per Week:
25 hours per week
LX Studio is based at the University of Central Oklahoma’s newly
renovated facility in downtown OKC that offers advanced technology
and customizable classroom, training, and meeting space for
academic programs and corporate clients. We are the only agency of
its kind in the United States and believe learning is the catalyst
for a better world. Our team of learning experts, powered by our
industry-leading tools, provides an exclusive suite of custom
solutions to effectively implement world-class learning experiences
that reimagine an organization’s strategy, content, delivery, and
Reports to Administrative Specialist III
Assists in guiding and training student employees.
The Technology Support Associate, also known as Techceptionist,
supports the day-to-day operations of technology applications and
equipment for multiple locations. The primary duty is resolving
Tier I technology support issues during the day and evening hours
and performs installations, repairs, upgrades, backups, and other
maintenance tasks. Must have expertise in commonly used business
applications and desire to learn new technologies. Provides
leadership in assisting with telephone, walk-in, or trouble ticket
inquiries to resolve or escalate IT systems issues and problems.
Excellent customer service and communication skills are a
The Techceptionist supports LX Studio’s reputation that offers
excellent customer support for all activities at the downtown OKC
locations as well as our online presence.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
To be considered for this position, the following documents
must be included with your application.
- With supervisor and on-site IT analyst, identifies technology
needs and helps maintain hardware and software inventories across
- Primary on-call contact for on-duty Techceptionists for
troubleshooting IT issues/concerns.
- Helps onboard and train new Student Techceptionists
- Provides immediate on-site support to students, faculty, staff,
business incubators, clients, and guests.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance on computer equipment,
video conferencing and various other types of technology and
- Provides remote and on-site support for UCO-owned hardware and
- Performs entry-level system administrative duties as assigned
on servers managed and maintained by the department and other
software as a service
- Translates technical issues so that non-technical personnel can
understand these issues.
- Primary work hours will be afternoon and evening.
- Must be accountable and responsible to LX Studio.
- Performs administrative tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires an Associate's Degree in MIS or related field and one
year relevant experience in the field or, if no degree, 3+ years of
relevant work experience in this field that provide knowledge of
and exposure to fundamental theories, principles, and
- Ability to effectively operate in an entrepreneurial
- Windows operating systems knowledge.
- Literate in computer usage and word processing, including, but
not limited to, MSWord and MSExcel.
- Perform administrative or manual tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of microcomputer hardware and
- Apple iOS knowledge.
- Knowledge of Remote Services, Microsoft Client/Server, and
other standard software preferred.
- Knowledge of basic office procedures and practices.
- Experience with web conferencing programs such as Zoom, Webex,
and Microsoft Teams.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to work well with others and foster positive working
- Maintain a positive and professional customer service-oriented
- Continually updates skills and knowledge relative to the
position and the technology industry.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and solve problems.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and continually
strives to provide excellent support and customer service.
- Ability to learn software and operating environments quickly
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and public relations
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here represent those that an employee must meet to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: Repetitive movement of hands and fingers –
typing and writing. Frequent standing and sitting. Occasional
walking, stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Reach with hands and
arms. Visually identify, observe and assess. Regular
communications, verbal and written.
- Work environment: Requires valid driver's license; multiple
physical job reporting sites. Primarily indoors and sedentary.