ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – PHOTOGRAPHY
HAROLD WASHINGTON COLLEGE
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college
system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite
sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a
quality, affordable education. Harold Washington College, one of
the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks part-time faculty to teach
photography. The Department of Art and Architecture at Harold
Washington College takes pride in offering degrees and certificates
in Studio Art, Architecture, and Digital Multimedia Design. Courses
are offered in the areas of painting, drawing, ceramics, sculpture,
photography, printmaking, architecture, and digital multimedia.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom
by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet
students’ diverse needs and engage students in critical thinking
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching, commitment to integrating
new technologies in the learning process and the ability to
inspire, motivate and empower students to succeed.
- Required to post your syllabi on Blackboard and to enter your
final grades online in PeopleSoft.
- Use Blackboard and integrate technology in the classroom.
- Develop curriculum and program planning.
- Adhere to City Colleges of Chicago code of ethics, board rules
and policies & procedures.
- MFA in Photography
- Proficiency in analog photography
- Knowledge of the Blackboard Learning Management System,
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with
diverse group of staff and students.
All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must
submit the following documents for review:
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
- A letter of interest
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- A statement of your teaching philosophy
- A legible copy of your college transcripts (Unofficial
transcripts initially accepted). Official transcripts must be
provided if hired.
- Two letters of recommendation.