College of Human
Department of Human
Nutrition and Hospitality Management
Applications are now being
accepted for a Renewable Contract Faculty
9-month Instructor Position
in Human Nutrition
The Department of Human Nutrition and Hospitality Management, a
growing Department with a thriving faculty, seeks to fill a
full-time instructor position in Human Nutrition. The Department is
one of five in the College of Human Environmental Sciences at The
University of Alabama. We offer an undergraduate degree in
Food and Nutrition, a Coordinated Program in Dietetics, and a
Didactic Program in Dietetics. Additionally, the Department offers
a MS and PhD in Human Nutrition.
The University of Alabama is ranked among the top 50
public universities in the nation with a focus on research,
teaching, and service, and it is one of the most beautiful college
campuses in America. The University is a leader among public
universities nationwide in the enrollment of National Merit
Scholars and is the senior comprehensive doctoral level institution
in Alabama. The University and the Department are committed to
creating a diverse and inclusive learning and work environment for
our students, faculty and staff.
Qualifications: Applicants should
have a strong background, training, and expertise in human
- MS required, yet PhD preferred.
- Registered Dietitian required.
- Must have completed at least 18 hours of graduate level
- Evidence of the ability to teach at the collegiate level.
Responsibilities: Teaching and service to
articulate the mission of the University including:
- Teach courses as needed at the undergraduate and graduate
- Recruit, mentor, and advise students.
- Serve on Department, College, and University committees.
February 25, 2022
- Complete application on-line at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu
- Applications must include the following:
- Cover letter including a diversity statement to further The
University of Alabama’s commitment to diversity, equity and
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcripts of graduate coursework
- Teaching philosophy (1 page)
- List of three professional references including their
qualifications as the referrent
- For further information contact: Kristi
The University of Alabama is an
Equal Employment/Equal Education Opportunity Institution
that actively seeks diversity among