Haverford College invites applications to our available full time,
exempt (at least 37.5 hours per week), benefit eligible Assistant
Manager of Student Accounts position.
Reporting to the Manager of Student Accounts, this full time
position aids in directing all student account functions including,
but not limited to, the following; the application of federal and
state financial aid and loans to student accounts, the timely
issuance of student refund checks, the timely and accurate
generation of student billing (tuition and all fees), oversight of
cashiering and collection operations, generation of 1098-T forms,
reconciliation of General Ledger accounts, coordination of the
Student Health Insurance Program, and participation in year-end
audit work. The Assistant Manager of Student Accounts works in
conjunction with the Registrar's Office, Study Abroad Office,
Residence Life, and the Department of Student Financial Aid and
must provide excellent customer service to students, third parties
and other College departments. Must be available for additional
hours, including evenings, weekends, and during winter break as
- Assists the Manager of Student Accounts in ensuring that
College policies are adhered to by students and internal
departments, at all times approaching both with diplomacy and
- Responds to in-person, phone and email inquiries and requests
for; assistance with eBill system and payment plan enrollment,
questions regarding account balances, account status and refund
activities from student/parent in a professional and timely manner,
coordinating with other College departments when necessary.
- Assists with the student account audit, student refund and
graduation clearance processes, coordinating with the Registrar,
IITS, Financial Aid, and Accounts Payable Offices as required.
Performs student account audits to ensure that all tuition and fees
have been billed according to the student's academic record and
- Assists in performing reconciliations of related general ledger
accounts and works to resolve and report any discrepancies.
Initiates journal entries as needed.
- Ensures that Health Insurance is applied to the student account
in a timely manner and works collaboratively with the Student
- Assists the Manager of Student Accounts in ensuring that the
following are posted to student accounts timely and accurately;
tuition, room, board, and fee charges; health insurance charges,
grants, incidental charges, and, federal and state financial aid
- Assists the Cashier, as necessary, in the preparation of daily
deposits, and, student and third-party payments and wires.
- Responsible for posting Direct Loan disbursements and creating
- Responsible for ensuring Direct Loan Disbursement notifications
- Responsible for reviewing students' credit balances and
determining proper action.
- Assists Manager of Student Accounts in maintaining the Accounts
Receivable financial system and performs the monthly close
- In collaboration with Manager of Student Accounts, performs
collections and due diligence procedures on outstanding accounts
- In conjunction with the Manager of Student Accounts works
collaboratively with all College departments to enhance practices
- Assist with annual 1098t production and delivery to
- Responsible for assistance in documenting department
- Treats all fellow employees, students and the College's guests
with civility and refrains from actions that disrupt the efficient
functioning of the College.
- Follows directions and completes tasks accurately and accepts
supervisory input and constructive criticism,
- Able to manage stress and work under pressure while
multitasking under deadlines.
- Able to supervise and be supervised, giving and accepting
- Understand and assist with maintenance of billing system.
Participate in periodic testing of software updates and assist with
system enhancements as needed.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Maintain and promote strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision. Reliable,
secure internet connection and suitable work space required.
Education & Experience Required
- Assist in drafting and updating departmental policies.
- Assist in managing vendor relationships as they relate to
student account processes.
- Responsible for annual audit requests and inquiries for areas
- Attend meetings and functions on committees as assigned.
- Performs special projects as requested by the Manager of
- Related duties as required.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Prior Billing experience desired.
- Excellent team work and customer service skills required.
- Experience in providing individual counseling and training
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft Student Financials and/or Workday
- Familiarity with higher education principles, practices,
procedures and regulations for Student Accounts management
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one
place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds):6-8 hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds):3-6 hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds):3-6 hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds):Up to three
- Pulling (to draw an object toward oneself to move or
change its direction):6-8 hours
- Pushing (to exert force upon an abject to move or change
its direction):6-8 hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms
upward or outward away from body):6-8 hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position):6-8
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in
stationary position):6-8 hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs
with legs bent at knees):Up to three hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while
fully flexing knees):3-6 hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while
resting knees on ground):Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders,
scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces):Up to three
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain
stationary):Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor,
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes,
Covid-19 Vaccination:All faculty and staff (including contract
workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College must be
fully vaccinated (to include a booster dose) against COVID-19, and
provide proof of vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy
has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit an application, to
include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact
information of three (3) references by visiting
. The application deadline is January 31, 2022. Failure to provide
the required documents may result in lack of consideration.
Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice,
and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals
regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status,
disability, or veteran status. Women, non-binary and transgender
individuals, people of color, Indigenous people, and those with
other or multiple historically marginalized and/or underrepresented
identities are especially encouraged to apply. Haverford College
and our consortial partners are located on Lenape lands.