The eRA Application Administrator
and maintenance of electronic research administration systems for
the Research and Innovation Office (RIO). In this role, you will
support the work of the Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG), the
Office of Research Integrity (ORI), and Venture Partners (VP) You
will also support the development, implementation, and maintenance
of electronic Research Administration (eRA) initiatives. Currently,
these include Human Subjects, Conflict of Interest, and
Proposal/Award Tracking modules developed by InfoEd International,
Topaz to support animal research, and Inteum to support VP. Future
developments are likely to include additional research
administration modules, which may be provided by InfoEd
International or other vendors, or developed internally. The
position will develop and run testing scripts, and work with
University Information Systems (UIS) and vendors to prioritize
issues or enhancements. By understanding the functions and
capabilities of the eRA modules, the eRA Application Administrator
will provide input into testing requirements, collaborate with
developers to diagnose functional problems, and propose possible
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
- OIT will be valued by campus as a strategic, inclusive and
innovative partner in advancing learning and discovery in order to
enable CU Boulder to be a premier public university.
- OIT enables campus priorities by providing high-value IT
services and solutions.
- Trust, as a foundation for how we engage with one another and
with campus partners, along with
- Avid curiosity in how to better support the campus and our
- Fostering empowerment and authentic engagement among ourselves
- Celebrating inclusivity that promotes a sense of belonging
while acknowledging that each person is unique and valued.
- OIT will advance learning and discovery by delivering
high-value reliable IT services and solutions that:
- Provide a fluid and adaptable academic and student
- Enable research competitiveness and
- Deliver core infrastructure and enterprise IT services for
Based on our departmental goals and our commitment to diversity and
inclusive excellence, OIT particularly welcomes applications from
candidates whose knowledge, skills, and abilities, and desire to
contribute to an inclusive campus environment, will help us achieve
our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Support the technical implementation and on-going maintenance
of relevant eRA modules. This includes developing a thorough
understanding of the electronic Research Administration modules
from both technical and functional perspectives. This role works
closely with Business Analysts within the OIT eRA team to support
campus administrators to develop a thorough understanding of
business needs and practices. This role collaborates with business
office staff to ensure that system configurations meet the business
needs of the office.
- Develop strategies and procedures for, and assist with, data
conversion from current campus systems to the eRA system as well as
develop test scripts, test strategy, and execute system and
regression tests for upgrades and patch maintenance cycles. This
role supports configuration updates, maintains documentation,
reports and tracks system bugs and enhancements and serves as the
primary technical resource for business office staff responsible
for eRA data entry and access to data. This role also supports the
development and execution of standard and ad hoc reports from the
data warehouse using the Cognos reporting tool.
- Support the development and delivery of training materials and
programs; provide and develop technical solutions/tools to suit
business needs, including a comprehensive evaluation of alternative
solutions and time estimates.
- As the liaison with UID and OIT on eRA matters, coordinate with
UIS and OIT on eRA matters as the liaison with UIS and OIT
technical staff assigned to the eRA project, including representing
UCB in system-level technical meetings. This role supports the
applications that are used within RIO and Sponsored Project
Accounting (SPA) organizations, including, for example, the
integration of the infoEd modules with other RIO and campus IT
applications and tools. This role also collaborates with Denver
campus technical specialists to share best practices and stay
abreast of system implementation and configurations on the Denver
campus. Furthermore, this role assists in the development of
research administration solutions outside of the current
applications used within RIO and SPA organizations.
What You Should Know
- Assist with the development and maintenance of electronic
forms, including Adobe Forms and web-based forms; may represent UCB
at eRA user group meetings; provide backup support for other eRA
Technical Administrator in emergencies.
- There is the possibility of this position being 100%
What We Can Offer
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to
comply with the
campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
- New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a
medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- Annual base salary range for this position is $68,000 to
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
Be encouraged. Be flexible. Be Boulder.
What We Require
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
Information Systems, or other related field.
- A combination of education and/or relevant experience as
described below may be substituted for the degree on a year for
- 1+ years of related work experience.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Demonstrated customer service skills and a client-focused
- Strong troubleshooting skills, including the ability to
diagnose a problem and provide technically accurate details and
- Demonstrated communication, collaboration, and organization
- Proven ability to manage time and work effectively under tight
- Ability to learn business processes and translate them into the
- One or more years of experience in research administration,
preferably in higher education.
- Experience with InfoEd, Topaz, Inteum or another vendor’s,
electronic research administration modules.
- One or more years of experience developing and running test
- Prior experience with data conversions and/or project
- Familiarity with the relational database models, specifically
Oracle version 10g or higher. Should be familiar with SQL syntax
and be able to write both simple and complex queries.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by March 13, 2022 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name:
Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: