Nursing Simulation and Skills Lab Instructor
Salary for Announcement
The salary range for this position is $73,000 – $76,000 at
Instructor level. The salary of the finalist selected for this role
will be set based upon a variety of factors, including but not
limited to, internal equity, education, experience, specialty and
training. The above salary ranges represent the University’s good
faith and reasonable estimate of the ranges of possible
compensation at the time of posting.
MSU Denver offers a full and competitive benefits package that
includes health insurance, retirement benefits, flex spending
accounts, tuition assistance for employees and dependents, and
more. To learn about these options in greater detail, visit the
link in the Benefits section below.
Faculty - Cat II
Full time faculty - 9 mo with benefits
The Nursing Simulation and Skills Lab Instructor participates with
and assists faculty in the development, implementation, and
integrations of simulation and skills lab activities for nursing
students; serves as a facilitator to faculty and students in
teaching/learning situations of nursing skills, simulations, and
debriefing sessions; and provides instruction, orientation, and
evaluation to learners. Experience in the following area is
preferred: Pediatric Nursing. Additional areas of experience
desired include Obstetrics, Medical Surgical Nursing, Community
Health Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, or Foundations.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have
experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a
demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for
- Works collaboratively with nursing faculty to ensure
educational course needs are being met.
- Promotes student safety.
- Promotes critical thinking and clinical reasoning.
- Cultivates relationships with Simulation and Skills Lab
Coordinators to create seamless daily operations.
- Assists with maintaining simulation and skills lab equipment
- Contributes to the maintenance of record keeping for all
simulation and skills lab activities.
- Maintains an awareness and working knowledge of industry
- Participates in Academic Advising as assigned by the
- Ensures accurate student assessment and evaluations are
- Facilitates learning of knowledge across the span of
- Orients new staff and faculty to the philosophy, learning
activities, policies, and procedures of the Simulation and Skills
- Other duties as assigned like the above, consistent with the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job.
- An active, unencumbered nursing license to practice as a
registered nurse in the state of Colorado
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited program
- Minimum of five years full-time or equivalent professional
- Graduate degree in a nursing specialization from an accredited
- Experience facilitating simulation for nursing students
- Experience teaching in a skills lab
- Familiarity working with the educational needs of students form
- CHSE Certification in simulation
Open Until Filled
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by
Special Instructions to Applicants
Complete applications received by Friday, February 4, 2022 at 11:59
PM MST will receive full consideration. All applicants must submit
an application and the documents outlined below through our online
position is open until filled.
In order for an applicant to be considered for the position, the
applicant must have a complete file with the following:
1. Curriculum Vitae
2. Cover Letter
3. References. Prepare a list of three professional references and
their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for
Safe Return to Campus Protocol
The health and safety of students, faculty, staff and our
prospective teammates are our highest priority and as an
institution, we are required to have proof of vaccination on file
for all employees.
MSU Denver is requiring all employees to provide proof of being
fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID -19, or to submit an
exemption and be subject to following the COVID -19 safety
protocols. As an employee of MSU Denver, an exemption or lack of
proof of vaccination will require you to submit to weekly COVID -19
testing starting the week of August 23, 2021. Additionally, all
institutions on campus are requiring that masks be worn indoors
regardless of your vaccinations status.
Talent Team Representative
Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees
a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the
Employee Benefits Offerings
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique,
access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and
inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of
nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of
color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert
with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity
and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and
perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that
in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go
beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and
dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture
of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and