OPS Administrative Support
The Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics is seeking an
OPS Administrative Support to provide payroll and administrative
assistance in support of the faculty and staff.
The specific duties of this professional position include but are
not limited to:
- Assisting visitors to the department, providing excellent
customer to guests to ensure a welcoming environment.
- Providing administrative support for the department chair as
- Scheduling meetings for the department chair and department
- Answering the department’s main line.
- Faculty meetings: Take minutes for faculty meetings and other
meetings as needed.
- Conference room: Scheduling and posting conference room
reservations; set up conference room; set up TV monitor and Zoom
for meetings as needed; ensure that conference room is clean and
set up for meetings.
- Office Supplies: ensuring office supply cabinets are
- Checking office supply inventory and notifying fiscal team of
- Distributing the daily mail.
- Sending out seminar announcements.
- Manage and/or assist with special events and other
programs/activities as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
$16 - $20 per hour; commensurate with education and
Two years of post-secondary education, or equivalent
The preferred candidate will have at least two years of
post-secondary education and two years of relevant experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are vital to this
position. The ability to effectively manage interpersonal
relationships with people with diverse personalities, backgrounds,
and orientations is essential.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter,
resume, and the contact information for a minimum of 3 (three)
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with
respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status,
national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic
information and veteran status in all aspects of employment
including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline,
terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and
This is a time limited position.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still
under consideration and need not apply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Health Assessment Required: