Major Gifts Officer
- Washington & Jefferson College
- Pennsylvania, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Jan 19, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Development & Advancement
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding alumni and friends who are major gift prospects for W&J. The Major Gifts Officer will manage the solicitation of gifts from prospective donors rated $25,000 and higher. The officer will be expected to bring sustained fundraising efficiency and results while managing a portfolio of approximately 150 prospects.
Pay Range: $60,000 - $80,000 based on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing solicitation tracks and strategies for each prospect.
- Ensuring regular and systematic contact through all means of communication.
- Include recruiting and motivating volunteers for cultivation, solicitation, and special programming.
- Required to travel extensively to assigned regions nationwide.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Three or more years of progressively responsible fundraising experience in higher education required.
- Demonstrated track record of fundraising success.
- Must be able to work independently within a team as well as collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the common goals for donors and W&J.
- Be flexible, confident, professional, and enthusiastic.
- Be self-motivated with a high ethical standard.
- Results-oriented with excellent prospect management skills.
- Able to travel extensively.
- Must have computer literacy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the position.
Job Description Status
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description are illustrative ones anticipated for this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required. Washington & Jefferson College reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of its programs. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Apply for this job athttps://washjeff.applicantpro.com/jobs/ . Please submit a cover letter and resume. It is recommended that all documents be in PDF format and uploaded at one time. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Washington & Jefferson College offers a comprehensive benefit package for benefit eligible employees; including health, vision, and dental coverage, group life insurance, AD&D and LTD coverage, retirement plan, generous leave time, and the tuition benefit programs. These benefits add significantly to the employee's total compensation package.
Getting to Know W&J
Washington & Jefferson College is the best of both worlds: a small-town college setting in historic Washington, Pa., with easy access to the bustling business and cultural districts of nearby Pittsburgh, Pa. just 30 miles to the north. Founded in 1781, W&J College is a private, residential liberal arts college that is focused on student success. Our dedicated, experienced professors are passionate about teaching and work closely with our students to ensure that they receive a quality, comprehensive education. For more than 200 years, our alumni have influenced change in business, politics, medicine, and the arts and sciences as CEOs, lawyers, doctors, researchers, writers, teachers, and in many other equally worthy professions.
Washington & Jefferson College welcomes people of all backgrounds and beliefs who wish to participate in a diverse educational community. The College strives to be a place where all students, faculty, administrators and employees are able to live, study and work in an atmosphere free from bias and harassment. The College encourages civil debate and lively exchange of ideas in the belief that such exchanges promote understanding that will grow beyond simple tolerance of difference to embracing and celebrating the richness of diversity. Our graduates acquire knowledge and learn skills that help them thrive in a culturally diverse world.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Washington & Jefferson College W&J is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, W&J College complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert