Print Design Specialist (Graphic Designer)
Athens State University
The Print Design Specialist
(Graphic Designer) is responsible for designing print and
electronic materials, exhibit elements, and/or illustrations for a
variety of University publications, displays, and other media.
Additional responsibilities include performing design and
print-related work orders for external parties, processing monthly
charge-out reports, and assisting with mail services for faculty,
staff, and students.
- Produce artwork for a variety of media using computer graphics
and design software.
- Coordinate all aspects of print production, checking and
approving color, copy, and text format separations and
- Adhere to University brand guidelines for internal University
projects; ensure branding is appropriate and follows standards for
all requested materials.
- Assist in managing the University's digital collateral
inventory and photo library for print, web, video, and social
- Interpret projects and ensure correct files are produced that
meet work order specifications.
- Work with external vendors, as needed, to develop and
facilitate print-related projects whereas the complexity exceeds
that of the Printing Services team's capabilities.
- Keep detailed records of work orders through project management
and invoicing system; use system to record labor and materials and
process monthly charge-outs.
- Set-up and operate a variety of production equipment, including
printers, copiers, bindery equipment, folders, perforators, postal
equipment, scanners, etc.
- Assist in maintaining inventory, ordering supplies,
facilitating annual paper bids, performing inventory year-end
- Maintain an “open door” to internal and external customers and
actively engage in brainstorming sessions to ensure a successful
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIRMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in graphic design,
marketing, public relations, or a related field
- Minimum of five-year’s experience in graphic design,
publications/printing, marketing, communications, public relations,
and/or advertising; or an equivalent combination of training and
experience that could likely provide the desired knowledge and
abilities to perform the duties of the position
- Experience designing print-based materials and operating
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite software, including
Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat Professional
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook) and basic use of office equipment
- Very strong photography and design skills
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with
various personality types
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work with a variety of constituents, including
- Ability to oversee and manage numerous projects and meet strict
- Ability to multi-task with exceptional organizational
- Excellent proofreader and careful attention to detail
- Basic mathematical skills to computer print layouts, job costs,
Salary Band: P175To view salary schedules, visit:
Salary will be
commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To view details or to apply, visit: https://jobs.athens.edu/
Review of applications will begin November 29, 2021 and remain
“open until filled”.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Unofficial transcripts should be from the college or university
which verifies minimum qualifications for the position. Upon an
offer of employment, official transcripts from all colleges and
universities attended must be submitted. Continued employment is
contingent upon receipt of transcripts from all colleges and
Please provide contact information for three professional
references on your application.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: https://jobs.athens.edu/postings/search
About Athens State University
Located in historic Athens, Alabama, Athens State University offers
junior and senior-level coursework to community college graduates
and transfer students holding sufficient credits from other
institutions. Presently, over 3,100 students have selected Athens
State because of its neighborly environment where 50 majors and
degree programs are offered, with courses taught by a supportive
and exceptional faculty. Approximately 80% of the students are
enrolled in at least one online course. The typical student is a
working adult who commutes. Recently, the University was featured
in the 2015 Best Value Online College Rankings by OnlineU.org for
four online programs including computer science, accounting,
education and human resources. The University offers undergraduate
degree programs in Liberal Arts, Teacher Preparation, and Business.
The University employs more than 350 full and part-time employees
with approximately 90 full-time faculty members in three colleges:
College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, and College of
Education. Seventy-five percent of the full-time faculty members
hold a terminal degree. The University is accredited by the
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on
Athens, Alabama is located in north Alabama equidistant between
Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL. Athens is home to several events
and festivals that have been featured as the Southeast Tourism
Society’s “Top 20 Events in the Southeast” including the Athens
Storytelling Festival and the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers
In accordance with Athens State University Policy and guidelines,
the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a
consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be
contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from that
criminal background check.
Non-Discrimination Policy Statement Athens State University, as
an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution, complies with
all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination
and affirmative action. Athens State University does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, religion, genetic
information, or veteran status in employment, or admissions to or
participation in educational programs and activities. Inquiries or
concerns may be addressed to the Office of the Vice President of
Enrollment and Student Support Services, 300 N. Beaty St., Athens,
AL 35611, 256- 233-8175.