At Unity, sustainability isn't a buzzword. It's the foundation
of our entire approach and has been for more than 50 years.
We apply sustainability principles to everything we do, from our
properties around the State of Maine, to our online degrees offered
to students everywhere, to our enrichment experiences and
entrepreneurial endeavors at locations from northern Maine to
Arizona to Brazil.
Engage with Unity College and you'll start to ask tough
questions, challenge the status quo, and envision new
possibilities. If taking the lead in creating a more sustainable
future sounds like the future you want, we can make it happen.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Brand Strategy and
Marketing, the Events Coordinator is responsible for all planning,
administrative, and management functions required to deliver
exceptional internal events across the Unity College Enterprise.
The Events Coordinator supports external revenue-generating event
management when directed. Within the framework of functional
leadership, the coordinator supports the Executive Director to
realize the Unity College mission and strategic plan. The position
is in New Gloucester, Maine, with some travel expected on a regular
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Manage all logistics of the College events such as
commencements and panels, to ensure successful delivery and convey
the Unity College brand.
- Maintain high standards of customer service, consistency, and
accuracy, appropriate to content of events.
- Work with appropriate units and personnel such as Maintenance,
Custodial, Public Safety, and Dining to ensure integrated services
for event needs.
- Coordinate enough staff to ensure event set up and take down
and pre/post event clean-up.
- Manage all details, such as checklists and contracts with
internal clients. This includes following up with client paperwork,
ensuring contracts are followed, and updating, reviewing, and
renewing contracts as appropriate.
- Handle proposals, billing, and invoicing in coordination with
the business office.
- Proactively handle issues and troubleshoot any problems before
and on the day of the event.
- May support other Unity College events as assigned.
- Stay abreast of changes in the events planning environment and
make recommendations for ongoing improvements.
- Work effectively with external vendors to secure additional
services as needed to ensure successful execution of events.
- Maintain recorded (video) records of events for the website and
for the archive.
- Create documentation for events to ensure clear guidelines for
- Take the lead in assessing event success and gather feedback
- Demonstrate responsible budget management, billing, deposit,
- Maintain inventory of event supplies, replacing items when
- Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures
- Coordinate communication plan for event information, including
the website, internal and external emails, and social media.
- Other duties as assigned.
POSITION SPECIFIC EDUCATION, SKILLS AND COMPENTCIES:
- High school diploma and 3 or more years of experience with
office administration, facilities management, and/or event
- Ability to understand, produce, and follow budgets and reports,
and apply basic accounting principles and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage administration and logistics in
a busy special events environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a
variety of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel
and PowerPoint, and mail merges; email and web searches.
- Must be able to work as a team with multiple departments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone,
with high professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for
- Ability to work effectively with other administrative
- Uses accurate spelling and grammar in written
- Ability to obtain valid Maine driver's license.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational
structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being
discreet, courteous, and well poised.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings, as needed.
Experience in higher education, destination conferences or
Prior experience with an events management systems
Experience with video capture and editing or social media
Experience with coordinating virtual events.
This position will be located at 49 Farm View Drive, New
Unity College offers a generous benefits package which includes
medical, dental, vision, short term disability, long term
disability, life insurance, PTO, and a company match on our 403b
retirement plan. Waiting periods will apply.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the “Apply
Now” button and submit a resume and cover letter.
At Unity College, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate
it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our
employees, our students, and our community. Unity College is proud
to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action