Doane University, a nationally recognized liberal arts and
sciences university in Crete, Nebraska, invites applications for
the position of Director of the Honors Program at the rank of
The director is a twelve-month, full-time, tenure-track faculty
member managing and directing all aspects of the Honors Program.
This role includes budget management, recruiting new students both
externally and internally each year, overseeing the students'
selection processes and Honors program curriculum, teaching select
Honors courses, securing instructors to teach Honors courses, and
facilitating the Honors Program Advisory Committee.
- Doctoral degree in a discipline that Doane offers
Qualifications/Skills/Abilities Required for
- Previous higher education teaching experience
- Advocate of a liberal arts curriculum
- Collegial disposition and track-record
- Experience developing academic programs and partnerships with
high schools and community colleges
Qualifications/Skills/Abilities Preferred for
- Previous teaching or work experiences with an Honors
- Demonstrated understanding of Honors Program(s) in liberal arts
- Previous recruiting experiences
Apply at www.doane.edu/jobs-and-careers with a
cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy,
contact information for three references, and PDFs of transcripts
of all graduate work (unofficial accepted for applications).
Official transcript of graduate degrees or graduate degree in
progress will be required as a condition for employment. Review of
applications will begin on February 7, 2022 and continue until the
position is filled.
At Doane you will enjoy balance between life and
- At Doane, you'll find that we're sensitive to your life outside
of work, and we want our employees to enjoy their time at Doane as
much as they enjoy their time away.
- Our time-off plans offer staff a generous paid leave and eight
paid holidays each year.
- Offices close additional days around the winter holidays each
year at no vacation expense to our employees.
We offer top-notch benefits:
- Health, dental , and vision insurance; 403b retirement plan
with employer matching contributions
- Free admission to Doane University events
- Discounts through Apple, Verizon Wireless and more!
- We encourage our employees to take advantage of a Doane
education with tuition benefits for undergraduate and graduate
programs. Employees' dependents can receive tuition benefits in our
undergraduate programs too.
- A mission-driven institution. With a singular direction and
focus, Doane handles its business strategically. You'll see the
difference of working for a purpose-driven organization that knows
where it's going-and where it will take your career.
Doane's Mission Statement
Doane University creates distinctive educational experiences,
rooted in the liberal arts, to prepare our students for careers and
lives grounded in inquiry, ethics, and a commitment to lead and
serve in the global community.
Our Values: Inclusion, Integrity,
Innovation and Transformation
Doane University actively works to create and sustain a
welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their
potential, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the
University. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and
seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society.
In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must
be legally able to accept work in the United States. Doane is
unable to sponsor applicants for work visas.