WAREHOUSING/DISTRIBUTION SPECIALIST II
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Close/First Review Date:
The Warehousing/Distribution Specialist II reports to the Executive
Director of Fiscal Services at the District Office. The work
schedule is 12 months per year; Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00
This position is represented by the California School Employees
Association (CSEA), Chapter 363.
Performs a variety of work in the operation and maintenance of a
central warehouse, including inventory replenishment and control.
Warehousing/Distribution Specialist II is the second level in a
labor-oriented career ladder in Purchasing, requiring working
knowledge of warehouse logistics and inventory control. Advancement
potential exists to Coordinator through promotion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Inspects shipments of materials, equipment and supplies received
in order to ensure compliance with purchase order specifications.
Identifies and reports shortages, damages and other
2. Provides storekeeping of goods, materials, supplies and
3. Schedules and performs routine and special deliveries of
supplies, materials, equipment and mail.
4. Analyzes space usage for maximum utilization. Confers with other
purchasing staff as needed to determine storage space requirements
and optimum stock quantities.
5. Operates warehouse equipment and vehicles including trucks,
forklifts and pallet jacks.
6. Participates activities in connection with the annual physical
inventory. Uses scanning devices and bar code technology to record
physical inventory items.
7. Assists with the sale or disposal of unused, damaged, or
8. Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall
objective of the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Requires a working knowledge of the principles and practices of
the operations, services and activities of centralized
2. Requires a working knowledge of the materials, equipment and
supplies used in College operations.
3. Requires a thorough understanding of warehouse record keeping
techniques including appropriate computerized inventory
4. Requires sufficient writing skills to perform basic report
writing and record keeping.
5. Requires sufficient math skills to perform counts and analyze
6. Requires sufficient human relations skill to work cooperatively
with College staff and outside vendors.
Skills and Ability to:
1. Requires the ability to schedule work activities of the
warehouse in a manner conducive to optimum service.
2. Requires the ability to plan, prioritize and perform work in
order to meet yearly schedules and timelines.
3. Must be able to write and maintain records according to College
4. Must be able to write basic reports and document
5. Requires the ability to coordinate and perform physical
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience
performing a variety of warehouse related duties including but not
limited to order fulfillment, inventory control and analysis, order
entry, and inventory accounting/identification.
Required Licenses and Certificates:
1. Valid Driver’s License
2. Forklift Operator’s Certificate
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
District’s Diversity Requirements
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the
diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual
orientation, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of groups
historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced
- Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major
duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in
the District’s hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent
transferable skills to do so.
$54,527 - $66,545 Annual Salary (Range 70: Classified Salary
Schedule Fiscal Year 2021-2022). Starting placement is generally at
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical,
dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance
for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection.
Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible
Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts.
Classified employees also receive vacation, 12 sick leave days and
18 paid holidays.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who
are passionate about providing our student population with the best
educational experience possible. The District recognizes that
cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic
excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding;
provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an
inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its
employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per
semester, and an extremely diverse student population
(Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific
Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian
11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and
Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District’s emphasis
on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as
colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors
and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13%
Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23%
White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all
qualified, outstanding applicants.