Founded in 1917, Providence College (PC) is a premier Catholic
liberal arts institution steadfastly committed to academic
excellence through a dynamic core curriculum, a distinctive
Development of Western Civilization Program, and abundant
experiential learning opportunities. The only U.S. higher education
institution administered by the Dominican Friars, PC is committed
to providing a variety of opportunities for intellectual, social,
moral, and spiritual growth in a supportive environment. Providence
College believes that cultural and intellectual pluralism is
essential to the excellence of its academic programs, and strives
to foster an academic culture and campus community reflecting the
global environment in which we live and work.
The approximately 105-acre campus is situated in Rhode Island’s
capital city and is close to the many cultural and educational
offerings of Rhode Island’s “renaissance city.” Additionally,
Providence is located an hour from Boston and just a few hours from
New York City.
For years, Providence College has been recognized in the U.S.
News & World Report
“Regional Universities – North
Category” and has been commended by several other ranking
Provide administrative office support to the Associate Vice
President/Chief of Public Safety and the Office of Public
1. Perform basic and intermediate computer functions including
managing databases, creating, analyzing, and integrating
spreadsheets, creating mail and envelope merges, and the ability to
import graphics and other information into a document. Including
daily log reporting; system maintenance and serve as back-up person
for the ARMS (Records Management System) and PowerDMS (Policy and
Procedure Management system.
2. Prepare and maintain records, files, activity logs, and
databases some of which may be confidential. Maintain master name
file for background checks on students. Handle requests for
coverage for campus events through R25 Live. Schedule, coordinate,
and organize department meetings and trainings, reserve/schedule
meeting rooms, and make arrangements for necessary equipment,
3. Supervise office student workers.
4. Responsible for the accurate maintenance and reconciliation of
financial accounts, processing of payments, transmittal reports,
bill, and data entry. Create and maintain balance/spread sheets on
5. Produce correspondence and documentation through typing, word
processing, formatting, use of charts, graphs and other visuals,
collating, photocopying, binding, etc., according to the standards
of the department and the College; proofread for content, language
6. Responsible for maintaining the monthly and quarterly records
management statistics reports for all campus security incidents;
maintain fire alarm reports and fire records, and prepare
documentation for annual government reporting and
7. Assist department budget, forecasting on future
8. Serve at the department web site administrator.
9. Answer phones, greet and direct visitors to appropriate areas or
1. Sort, open, distribute and route individual or departmental
incoming mail, and prepare outgoing mail. Organize and maintain
calendars, schedules, filing systems and records that may include
2. Perform basic and intermediate mathematical functions on adding
machines/calculators. Operate and perform basic troubleshooting for
fax and copy machines.
3. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
• High School education or equivalent.
• 3-5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, word processing, and
• Excellent organizational and communications skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work under deadline pressure and to prioritize
assignments while juggling multiple tasks.
If other, please enter regular schedule.
Providence College does not discriminate against any person because
of race, color, national and ethnic
origin, sex, gender, except where gender is a bona fide
occupational qualification, sexual orientation,
gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, or
genetic information. The College will develop,
and from time to time update, an affirmative action program and
will insist on a good-faith effort on the
part of its employees to comply with the program. The College will
request and expect its agents and
those with whom it conducts its affairs to meet the commitment of
this important program.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- How many years of experience do you have in this type of
- Cover Letter