This position performs routine Grounds work including mowing,
weeding, snow removal and other work as needed.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities :
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended
only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a
logical assignment to the position.)
- Performs work involving the use of large and small equipment,
including tractors, mowers and loaders.
- Performs routine manual labor involved in maintenance.
- Provides assistance with grounds construction and maintenance
- Provides assistance with the designated tasks on all Goodwin
and Campus Realty properties.
- Ensures all safety procedures are practiced.
Knowledge, Ability and Skill :
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current
- Assists other department staff as needed to promote a team
- Knowledge of the proper operation of grounds equipment and
related duties and responsibilities.
- Knowledge and experience in a number of skills, such as mowing,
trimming, tree removal, snow removal and small engine
- Mechanical skills and the ability to use hand tools
Education, Training and Experience :
Special Requirements :
- High school diploma or GED with two years of relevant
experience in grounds maintenance.
Physical and Mental Requirements :
1/3 to 2/3
- Valid Driver’s license and insured vehicle
Outdoor Weather Conditions
Work with fumes or airborne particles
Work near moving mechanical parts
Risk of electrical shock
1/3 to 2/3
Talking & Hearing
Using hands/fingers to handle/feel
Climbing or balancing
Bending, pulling, pushing
1/3 to 2/3
Up to 10 pounds
Up to 25 pounds
Up to 50 pounds
Up to 75 pounds
Up to 100 pounds
Over 100 pounds
X Close vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 inches or less)
X Distance vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 feet or more)
X Color vision (i.e. ability to identify and distinguish
X Peripheral vision (i.e. ability to observe an area that can be
seen up and down or
left and right while the eyes are fixed on a given point)
X Depth perception (i.e. three-dimensional vision, ability to judge
___ No special vision requirements
NOTE: The above description is intended to describe the general
nature and level of work to be performed by the position. It is not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of the
position. You will devote your full time and best efforts to the
performance of your various job duties and will observe any and all
policies, rules and regulations that the University may now have or
shall hereafter establish.