Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Nurse Practitioner upholds the health center mission by
assuring that patients receive health care that is competent,
caring, cost-effective, and meets with a high degree of
satisfaction; supports fiscal stability of the organization.
Staff is expected to uphold the health center mission by assuring
that patients receive health care that is competent, caring, and
meets with a high degree of quality and satisfaction. In addition,
staff must support FPCN's and Drexel University’s Stephen and
Sandra Sheller 11th Street Health Center’s commitment to the
creation of a trauma-informed system of care that continually
recognizes and responds to the impact of traumatic stress on all
those who have contact with the organization, including children,
adults, families, caregivers, and staff.
- Provides a wide spectrum of primary care services to patients
of all ages, from infants to elderly. Care includes, but is not
limited to, medical assessment, diagnosis, treatment, referral and
- Proficient in the management of acute and chronic conditions,
both simple and complex.
- Practice is based on accepted evidence based criteria and
established clinical practice guidelines.
- Update patient records for accuracy at each patient encounter
using appropriate designated forms and documentation
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify
and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
- Documents/dictates key components of patient's progress via
daily progress note, transfer, and discharge summary, and or clinic
note where applicable. Documentation is timely, meets acute care
compliance standards and captures patient acuity.
- Consultation with collaborating physician and other members of
the healthcare team when indicated.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary health care team in making
diagnoses of acute and complex chronic conditions and referral of
services when applicable.
- Identifies expected outcomes from diagnosis and formulates and
documents a plan of care to address health care needs.
- Utilizes evidenced based practice guidelines and protocols in
an individualized, dynamic plan of care that can be applied across
- Implements and modifies plan of care where necessary.
- Prescribes diagnostic strategies and therapeutic interventions
- Maintains ongoing communication and collaboration with
interdisciplinary care team.
- Facilitates and communicates with patient, family and staff to
promote continuity of care across the continuum of care.
- May perform advanced procedures consistent with privileges and
- Other duties as assigned
Typically standing, walking
Lifting demands ≤ 25lbs
- Master's degree, Concentration: nurse practitioner
- Graduate from an accredited nurse practitioner program
- Five years prior experience as an RN and/or Nurse Practitioner
in designated specialty.
- A minimum of 2 years of outpatient experience preferred
- Current RN and APN licenses from the Commonwealth of
- Current nationally recognized advanced practice certification
or in progress.
- Current DEA license.
- Bilingual a plus
- Physical and emotional ability to perform the duties and
responsibilities associated with the position.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills.
- Work and function in a culturally competent capacity with
persons from a variety of ethnic and social backgrounds.
- Possession of exemplary interpersonal and communication skills
with both internal and external customers.
- Practice and behaviors reflect fiscal responsibility in
appropriate balance with quality patient care.
- Defined productivity standards are proactively worked towards
and established goals met.
- Demonstration of good time management skills and follow
- Responsible behavior in regards to attendance, punctuality, and
- Attendance and participation in meetings, mandatory
in-services, educational programs, and other activities in order to
stay informed and current
- Maintenance of required amount of continuing education credits
as defined by specific governing bodies associated with the
position (managed care organizations, national certification
- Knowledgeable and supportive of policies, procedures, and
guidelines associated with practice setting.
- Understanding of psychosocial impacts of health outcomes in
- Exhibits cultural competency and sensitivity
Stephen and Sandra Sheller, 11th Street Health Center
This position is classified as exempt with a salary grade of N
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff
salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please apply online at http://careers.drexel.edu/cw/en-us/job/497572
Please make sure you upload your resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applications will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
May 10 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Jun 9 2022 Eastern Daylight Time